Anti spam system & new rules

Miz_Danielle wrote:

Good afternoon,
My problem is that message system is blocked.
Could you help to unlock my account sir ?
Thank you !

Another new member who has not read or understood the forum rules which was agreed to by clicking "I agree" when joining up. The rules are also laid out in post #1 on this thread along with the many hundreds of other posts here too which explain the process.

Let me explain the process. (yet again)

You have to earn the right to have your message system activated.
This is a privilege not a right of membership.
To do this you have to post a number of times on other sections of the forum.
The posts should be topical and informative, non religious, not inflammatory.
No silly one line posts.
Posting here will not count towards having your system activated.

This is done so new members can prove that they can be contributing forum members, not someone who simply joins to immediately start sending out unwanted messages to complete strangers.

Also done this way to help the forum weed out spammers and other trolls who frequent forums.

You can read the terms and conditions of membership which can be accessed at the bottom of this page. 

Do all of the above and you are on your way to becoming a contributing forum member who is happy to answer posts, offer advice and information to others.

I understood the post#1. Thanks for your instructions.

Apologies if it is appears that I was sending spam messages - I'm simply looking for participants for my dissertation and I am new to expat.com so I wasn't aware of this rule!

milenkamillie wrote:

Apologies if it is appears that I was sending spam messages - I'm simply looking for participants for my dissertation and I am new to expat.com so I wasn't aware of this rule!

So we trust that you now understand the rules and look forward to you becoming a contributing forum member.
Just remember to follow the rules.

Julien wrote:

Hi,

in order to ensure quality to our users, and to considerably reduce the number of spam sent by private messages, we decided to set up a few new rules.

But we'll start with a few explanations.

Our definition of spam ?
Unsolicited emails or private messages.

How we detect spam ?
90% of spam is sent by new users
90% of spam are "copy and paste messages"

Please, please...
Don't send the same message to several users without taking the time to explain us how we could help you on the forum.

If you are a new user and if you post more than 5 copy and paste messages, your private message system gets blocked.

Stop asking us to unlock your PM system
You can unblock your private message system by yourself. How can you do that ?

Please take the time to present yourself on the forum, to participate to a few discussions (with real answers), and your private message system will be unlocked. That's it !

I didn't realize about the rules of the page. I would appreciate your efforts to unblock my messaging system

Hello
gents my account is still panned from sending any private messages. any advise. I shared many comments in forum.

Regards
Mohamed

I cant message anyone now.
I am blocked just found it now

Oh I am sorry , I dint realize it.

Hi Julien,
Thanks so much for awareness message about he issues of spam,   The only thin I was trying to get contact with many people at he same time , ...   anyway .    I just realised which was not in the right way ...
thanks .

Hope I could start to use my expats pM soon , ...

Pal_Yousef wrote:

I didn't realize about the rules of the page. I would appreciate your efforts to unblock my messaging system

All the effort has to come from you !!

You have not posted enough times on other sections of the forum to have your system activated.
Post informative topical posts. No silly one line posts accepted. Posting here will not count either.

No cut and paste as this will get you banned. Read post #1 on this thread. It explains everything.

Ganzoury wrote:

Hello
gents my account is still panned from sending any private messages. any advise. I shared many comments in forum.

Regards
Mohamed

Read, understand and follow the rules on post #1 and the hundreds other others here that explain how the forum works.

chinlishiao wrote:

Apologies if it is appears that I was sending spam messages - I'm simply looking for participants for my dissertation and I am new to expat.com so I wasn't aware of this rule

Now that you aware of the forum rues lets hope you can become a contributing forum member.

yassin mohamed wrote:

unblouck

I guess you mean unblock?

No!!

Read the very first post, that will explain on what to do.

please unblock my messages

khaledibrahim80 wrote:

please unblock my messages

No we will not unblock your message system.

This is because;

1/ Your system is not blocked it simply has not been activated.

2/ You have never read or understood the forum rules.

3/ to have your system activated is a privilege, not a right.

4/ Only you can activate your system.

5/ Read, understand and follow the rules laid out in post#1 on this forum.

6/ Then you will understand how this forum works and may then become a contributing member.

There are also hundreds of posts here on this thread that explain these rules.

Noted with Thanks

Julien wrote:

Hi,

in order to ensure quality to our users, and to considerably reduce the number of spam sent by private messages, we decided to set up a few new rules.

But we'll start with a few explanations.

Our definition of spam ?
Unsolicited emails or private messages.

How we detect spam ?
90% of spam is sent by new users
90% of spam are "copy and paste messages"

Please, please...
Don't send the same message to several users without taking the time to explain us how we could help you on the forum.

If you are a new user and if you post more than 5 copy and paste messages, your private message system gets blocked.

Stop asking us to unlock your PM system
You can unblock your private message system by yourself. How can you do that ?

Please take the time to present yourself on the forum, to participate to a few discussions (with real answers), and your private message system will be unlocked. That's it !

This is good

Thank you!

Noted !

Thank you !

My intentions were to find some new connections !

Anyway That's OK ...

Ill find another way to communicate.

i participated in forum but still i am not unblocked...Please look over

nice,,try your level best., you can get unblocked i hope so

vamsikrishna94 wrote:

Yet another new member who wishes to join up and immediately start sending out unwanted, unsolicited messages to complete strangers.

This forum is not a message board.

You obviously do not understand the forum rules regarding membership and earning the right to have your message system activated. You, and only you, can activate it.

Read through the hundreds of posts here that explain how this forum works and how to activate your message system, especially post#1.

Sammy Surez wrote:

Noted with Thanks

Posting here on this section of the forum will not count towards having your message system activated.

Hello all,
My account is blocked due to copy/paste messages.
Kindly help me to unblock it.
Regards
john

Press and hold the "Alt" key, then press F4.
That will solve your problem

vamsikrishna94 wrote:

I am afraid you have not participated enough, posts on here do not count. Only posts made on a countries forum will count.

Yeah, sure....
working very well
Great..

Why i cant make some replies in some topics?

Great dear...

AnhMinh wrote:

Why i cant make some replies in some topics?

You can post any replies that follow the forum's rules.
Advertising is against those rules so any such posts will be removed.
You should also note, a given number of reports against your private messages will result in an IP ban, especially on the Vietnam forum where the spammer problem is massive.

hello
my name rachid im from morocco

hi

Posters should note, posting here won't help open your PM system.

Noted thanks Fred,Believe I should write in forums

Hi please unlock my PM as I am new user Andy now I understand your policy

Thanks

kahaho wrote:

Hi please unlock my PM as I am new user Andy now I understand your policy

Thanks

No, you don't understand because you have not followed the rules outlined in the first post on this thread, and you would not be asking to be unblocked.

many thanks for helping

Okey thank you

Hi, Sorry didn't not read the rules. All emails sent had a purpose to help expats. I am Australian currently living in Vietnam.

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR