Anti spam system & new rules

Perhaps I am asking too much but it would be so nice if new members took the time to read what is required of them to become a member before they click the "I agree" button when joining up.

And read other posts here on this thread before complaining about their message system not working.

There would then be almost no posts on this thread instead of 1135 we now have.

Oh no!

I had no idea these were the rules! Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll be more careful to personalize each and every individual message I send on here from now on.

Thank you

Noted with thanks.

Hii,,

Acknowledged. Thank you.

And Apologies for such behaviour, from next time i will keep that in mind.

Thank you once again.

Warm Regards,
Cheers.

Now i know.

Thanks

Hiw how could i unblock??

ashwin0706 wrote:

Hiw how could i unblock??

By reading, understanding and following the rules laid out in post #1 post #1130 and the hundreds of others on this thread that explain it all.

The right to use the message system is a privilege that has to be earned. Post a number of times on other sections of the forum with informative posts and soon your pm system will be activated.

Hi,

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused ( i do not that it does having bothered to)
I just looking at informations that people are looking for a suitable  accomodation for staying.
I am just new user who is just visitting it today
i am looking  foward to help people who are searching a safety, comfortable place and happyly staying

I completely do not think my  messages has bothered to ,..so that"s why i has sent people the same. As i basically think that is showing up the right informations for them so that they can easily reach out.

i hope my explanations will be clear and accepted

I am looking foward to see your positive feedback
Thanks,

Trung Bùi wrote:

Hi,
I just looking at informations that people are looking for a suitable  accomodation for staying.
I am just new user who is just visitting it today

I am looking foward to see your positive feedback
Thanks,

You should be in this section.

https://www.expat.com/en/housing/

Sorry about that.

ok

Julien wrote:

Hi,

in order to ensure quality to our users, and to considerably reduce the number of spam sent by private messages, we decided to set up a few new rules.

But we'll start with a few explanations.

Our definition of spam ?
Unsolicited emails or private messages.

How we detect spam ?
90% of spam is sent by new users
90% of spam are "copy and paste messages"

Please, please...
Don't send the same message to several users without taking the time to explain us how we could help you on the forum.

If you are a new user and if you post more than 5 copy and paste messages, your private message system gets blocked.

Stop asking us to unlock your PM system
You can unblock your private message system by yourself. How can you do that ?

Please take the time to present yourself on the forum, to participate to a few discussions (with real answers), and your private message system will be unlocked. That's it !

Thank you and sorry....I didn't know.

Dear,

Thank you for the updates and following up with the same code of conduct at Expat.com
Here I personally notice even if the text or communication is not copy / paste the replies to anyone blocked automatically.

It could be a reason for the new joiners / attractions to think about and communicate to the admins.

Thanks

Thank you!

Sorry for violating the rules. Thank you!

Sorry, I didn't know but I understand now. It won't happen again. Please reactivate my account.

Hye, my chat is blocked and i am unable to un-block it i don't know why you people have blocked it

once again I blocked

hello ok i know now never do it again thanks

For all those new members complaining that they cannot use the message system.

You obviously have not taken the time to read, understand and follow the rules of membership. You accepted these when you clicked ' I agree' when you joined. You should have taken the time to read these before accepting.

The use of the message system is not a right, it is a privilege earned by members after they have posted a number of informative, topical posts on other sections of the forum.

There are many posts here on this thread that explain the process. Post#1 has it all laid out for you.

Thank you.!

Hi,

even participating in forum, the messages  position same...

Thanks
Asif

100%

Anadeem wrote:

Hi,

even participating in forum, the messages  position same...

Thanks
Asif

8 posts is not enough, any posts here do not count. The posts on the forum have to meaningful. One word comments do not count either.

Thank you i understand now please unblock me

thanks for information ,very helpful

Julien wrote:

Hi,

in order to ensure quality to our users, and to considerably reduce the number of spam sent by private messages, we decided to set up a few new rules.

But we'll start with a few explanations.

Our definition of spam ?
Unsolicited emails or private messages.

How we detect spam ?
90% of spam is sent by new users
90% of spam are "copy and paste messages"

Please, please...
Don't send the same message to several users without taking the time to explain us how we could help you on the forum.

If you are a new user and if you post more than 5 copy and paste messages, your private message system gets blocked.

Stop asking us to unlock your PM system
You can unblock your private message system by yourself. How can you do that ?

Please take the time to present yourself on the forum, to participate to a few discussions (with real answers), and your private message system will be unlocked. That's it !

means ?

@khanaftabkhan.

I hope you realize you have used cut and paste and this is not allowed on the forum and may get you banned.   :dumbom:

BonChucks1982 wrote:

The forum moderators will not 'unblock' you.

You are the only one who can do that.

You have just joined and expect to immediately start using the message system and send out unwanted messages to complete strangers.

This forum is not a message board. It is a forum for the exchange of information and advice between members.

You have not read the rules associated with membership. You have to earn the right to use the message system.

Read, understand and follow the rules laid out on post#1 and the hundreds of others on this thread that explain how.

BonChucks1982 wrote:

You didn't read or understand the very first post as you would not be asking to be unblocked.

Ok.

understant clairley not happeng again unblocked please thanks

jalsro wrote:

I really don't know how many times it has to be said, only you can unblock your system no one else. After all, this is not a free chat site. Use sites like Facebook if you want to chat people up.

Unblock please

informative

jalsro wrote:

NO. Seek and yeah shall understand.

Надежда wrote:

Unblock please

You are not blocked. You need to follow the rules to have your messages system activated.

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR