Organic food?

Does anyone know where to get organic veg and meat in Malta?

Thanks

Smart Supermarket in Birkikara have an organic section. You can get some veg, tins,, grains, dairy etc from there. They also have some sort of system for pre ordering meat and poultry. Ask the section assistant for more details.

Hello Friend,
Go to Malta super market and where find organic section.Here you find Malta organic foods.

In Marsa there is Angka cafe... they prepare vegetarian food, and you can also ask them where to purchase it.

Any good organic restaurants and cafes in Valletta or Sliema or anywhere near the university in Malta?
thanks Jeannie

Jeannie6623 wrote:

Any good organic restaurants and cafes in Valletta or Sliema or anywhere near the university in Malta?
thanks Jeannie

You have this one in Gzira and Valletta:

http://www.thegrassyhopper.com/

I recommand the soups, and also the burgers.
Good choice of smoothies also.

Maybe not 100% organic though.

"Our food is 100% vegetarian and is also mostly vegan. We use fresh, local and seasonal ingredients where possible and often source our vegetables from Organic or Pesticide Free Farmers. We are on a mission to give vegetarian options which are both tasty and filling. "

There is a fruit and veg lady in Naxxar who sells some organic produce and there is also a butchers that does good organic meats in Naxxar. There  are various  health food shops Shanti, Dical and holland & Barrat. There are some farms on the island that allegedly sell organic produce direct.

In marsaxlokk market there are a number of stalls that sell organic fruit and veg also lidl and Pavi have a variety too however I would avoid where possible buying from a supermarket as you get better deals off the fruit and veg man

Thank you all - it's great to get personal suggestions and I'll follow them up.
Jeannie

Have a search for Barbuto Natural, and The Veg Box. Both are on Facebook. Barbuto has a website too.

Barbuto delivers organic dairy and natural fruit and veg (plus other produce). The Veg Box has natural veg. I personlally know the farmers from both companies and they are both extremely passionate about growing produce without the use of pesticides.

Great Tip Damsel, will look them up:-)

Mind telling me the name of the butcher please?

roadtripper wrote:

There is a fruit and veg lady in Naxxar who sells some organic produce and there is also a butchers that does good organic meats in Naxxar. There  are various  health food shops Shanti, Dical and holland & Barrat. There are some farms on the island that allegedly sell organic produce direct.

Sorry previous question was related to this one.

Check Pop Up Cafe's events. On June 4th there's next one at Majjistral Eco Farm

And the same on GOZO if anyone knows  :thanks: