Gas bottles color

Is there a difference between the green and yellow gas bottles? When replacing do I have to get the same color or doesn't it matter?

As I understood it, it doesn't matter. We got both yellow and green ones from our distributor (Bottles & Bottles in Mellieha), basically the guy just gave us whatever colour he had in his store..

Colors dont matter, but do get familiar with how a real one look, there's a trade in dodgy bottles that do not pass safety guidelines and dodgy refils etc

Buy from the annoying trucks that come in the streets not some dudes garage

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

miker7 wrote:

Is there a difference between the green and yellow gas bottles? When replacing do I have to get the same color or doesn't it matter?

You can use either for cooking and heating, the different colour denotes either pure Propane or a Propane/Butane mix but both are equally usable.

Ray

Is there anyone recommended for gas bottle delivery?

Phone liquigas and they will send a truck to your door. You can be sure their bottles are full and safe. They use green or yellow. Avoid the black ones.

As I was told, some time ago there were 2 competitors on the domestic gas market:
EasyGas had yellow bottles and LiquiGas green once.
Acc. to EU law private people have the right to change their supplier whenever they want and the suppliers have to take back empty bottles regardless the color ... and so the bottles are mixed now.
Don't know if this is the reason, but it sounds plausible