Has anyone ordered online through Ikea Sicily

Hi, just wandering if anyone has ordered online through Ikea Sicily. There are a good few things we would like to purchase but are struggling on the website even tho we have translated the page. Maybe our bad Internet connection we have at the mo tho.
Any info appreciated

You can buy via Maltashopper from IKEA Italia.

They add some charges for handling and delivery on the prices from IKEA Italia catalogue and deliver directly to your door.
They also provide service to return items.

I have never purchsed there, but you can check if it's cheaper to order at Maltashopper or from IKEA Italia (do they ship to Malta?).

Anyhow, it's cheaper than going with the ferry to Catania ;)

Markus

I ordered a children's table a few months ago via Malta Shopper. They changed (increased) the delivery cost 3 times and my order took twice as long as it was supposed to!

Hi thanks for both your replies :)  We have found quite alot of items on Littlewoods Europe which should tick us by for just now :)

btw, is it possible to return items (e.g. clothes) to Littlewoods free of charge ?

Markus

Sorry not sure matm I didn't check

Random input but kind of relevant- I had really good service recently from a new postal shipping company called delivertomalta.com. Pretty fast and VERY cheap. My delivery was from the UK, 20+ kilos, 3 big packages and cost me just 34 euros!

Thanks Damsel will look them up today :)

@Damsel
I am a representative of Maltashopper. I'm quite disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the service we provide. However, I'd just like to point out that we do not increase your price once a quotation is sent to you and you have accepted the charges.

Of course as every company grows sometimes costs need to increase to cover the more expenses that are incurred. Especially when Virtu Ferries increased their travel costs for commercial vehicles.

Our service is extremely reliable. Our terms and conditions are very clear too. We have recently updated our website and are constantly updating it to make it more user-friendly too!

i have placed an order with ikea italy via sicily bargains so we shall see what they are like - i will report as soon as i have the goods.

I had an experience with Maltashopper and it was quite good.

First of all, yes - the charge is not so cheap (overall 30%-40% more than the price in IKEA), but the hire of the van plus ferry ticket is more expensive (I recalculated it :))

Another point - they are really try to provide best service. All items were in a good conditions. Delivery was late, but they called before and explained why. Some of the items were not in stock and were delivered later by the separate pack. Invoices were issued separately for every delivery.

After 2 months of waiting for the last 3 small items (they were still not in stock in IKEA) we decided to get the refund and received the cheque immediately.

Overall, I could not find anything cheaper and faster for children bedroom in Malta.

After all considerations we think that there is only one better option: if you want to buy the furniture for the whole apartment  - it's easier to hire the van and drive to Sicily. In all other cases it's cheaper to order via maltashopper

Am I allowed to recommend an alternative service that does the same thing for a bit cheaper? I recently used them for a delivery of 15 moving boxes from Holland, but I know they provide an IKEA-buying service as well.

well I have to say I am surprised and so far delighted as i ordered and paid in advance for the goods via sicily bargains Monday morning and just this minute had the call - the goods are to be delivered today. so will advise later of any problems or issues.

Great, so we have maltashopper, sicily bargains and what else (pgl?). We can compare the prices and service quality and make some recommendations to forum :)

well having now installed the units bought - i have to say the quality is superb and easy build too. fantastoc servcie from sicily bargains and ikea.   will be sure to be using them again. hoghly recommended.

The other service I mentioned is called "Holland Malta Service",  their URL is, unsurprisingly, http://www.holland-malta.com/.

I didn't try the IKEA ordering service, just used them for transporting 15 cardboard boxes (60x40x30cm, around 100kg) from Holland. It was pretty cheap, 285 EUR, and took a week to arrive. There were a couple of broken items but to be honest we didn't complain as we probably should have wrapped them better. The cardboard boxes themselves were fine though so they couldn't've been handled too badly.

From what I remember, they charge the same price as IKEA + 25%, with hom delivery being 25 EUR extra or free for orders over500 EUR. Sounds a bit cheaper than the other services I saw in this thread, but of course YMMV.

http://holland-malta.com/ikea/ for full details.

Also, it would be interesting to compare Sicilian IKEA prices with Dutch! I wonder if one or the other is cheaper...

I have done exactly this... Below is my research...

As a direct comparison, for an order of exactly the same items from IKEA, with www.maltashopper.com it would be €372.86 for the order and €180.84 shipping and delivery, with www.holland-malta.com the order would be €337.65 and €109.41 shipping and delivery, and bought direct in the UK and shipped with www.shiplowcost.com the order value would be €395.35 plus €58.14 delivery to the depot and shipping and delivery would be €130. Sicily Bargains did not respond. So having worked through the options, holland-malta is by far the cheapest option at €447.06 with buying direct and shipping to Malta coming out at €583.49 with maltashopper just beating it at €583.70. Holland-malta has the lowest order (nearly all items were cheaper from Holland than the UK or Sicily) AND delivery cost.

I was then asked to check Italian Ikea agaisnt malta-holland...

Italian IKEA total is €372.86, delivery to the depot would be at least €80 making just the items €452.86 making it more than holland-malta even without shipping to Malta. The main problem I see with this option though is that some items are not available for home delivery and so would not be available to buy. Sicily Bargains came back to me and on the same order value (minus the delivery to depot) their delivery charge to Malta will be €92 (total €464.86) which brings them in at a close second - so www.holland-malta.com are declared once and for all (at least for large orders such as this) the cheapest way of getting furniture into Malta! I should say I am in no way affiliated to any of the above mentioned companies, I just want to buy some things for the best price possible!!

Hope this helps!!

Brilliant! Thanks for the very thorough information.

I  have ordered many things through Ikea, but not through sicily, but Germany through Homesolutions, in San Gwann..  I found  that their fees are less than from Sicily and even with the freight,,,it's still a good deal... Also, you can by anything through them,, just give them the appr. website.

hope this helps

Ikea does not deliver  to malta,,, You always have to go through a "shopper" service

I have used Sicily Bargains a couple of times and had no problems at all. I compared prices with another local firm providing the same service and Sicily Bargains were cheaper. Some of my ordered items were unavailable at the time but got them soon afterwards. If I need (want..) anything else from Ikea I know where to go!

Mics wrote:

I have used Sicily Bargains a couple of times and had no problems at all. I compared prices with another local firm providing the same service and Sicily Bargains were cheaper. Some of my ordered items were unavailable at the time but got them soon afterwards. If I need (want..) anything else from Ikea I know where to go!

me too.. superb service - even for returns

I don't remember my first post on any forums being because I felt so strongly about a service that I just had to recommend them... so I am a little suspicious of Mics' post. But, hey, toon's post can't be a fake so maybe I should stop being so skeptical.

[edit: grammer]

pgl wrote:

I don't remember my first post on any forums being because I felt so strongly about a service that I just had to recommend them... so I am a little suspicious of Mics' post. But, hey, toon's post can't be a fake so maybe I should stop being so skeptical.

You have to start somewhere! I wasn't even feeling that 'strongly',  I only posted because it was something I actually had tried and was happy with. If that makes me a suspect character, I guess I can live with that :D

pgl wrote:

grammar :) Sorry, couldn't resist.

@Mics: Fair enough!

@red: Gotcha! (It was deliberate. I normally have quite good speling. :D)

My only criticism is that the Ikea website does make it a little unclear as to what you are ordering - e.g i ended up with more legs for the units than was required...but the reason for this is that when you order you do get a summary but the autoselections made during "your design stage" allows for ikea to give you all of the options for a) full wall mounting, b)half wall and half floor mounting and c) full floor mounting,..and as such I had three pairs of legs more than I needed for floor mounting...but no sweat one email to sicily bargains and voila they are to pick them up this week for a return and refund. So i cannot complain - just pleased that the service worked well and the guy who delivered was superb and very helpful checking every unit offloaded and taking it into my apartment building..at ground level ..... the lft did the rest...

just thought i d say we had a few legs too many and theyve been returned with full refund today.. superb service well done sicily bargains

just a bit of warning about sicily bargain:

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … nts.552123

The ferries are not operating due of maintenance, Morgan has truck loads of IKEA stuff in Sicily waiting for the next ferry.

I think it's more than the ferries not operating... I used Sicily Bargains in the past and was very happy with the service and also posted that. Now? I would't use them. You don't get a general warning from the local consumer association if the ferry is late.

The ferries are not operating due of maintenance, Morgan has truck loads of IKEA stuff in Sicily waiting for the next ferry.

The next  Virtu ferry service is not until the 6 th Febuary due to maintainance.

Whether that has anything to do with the original question and comments about Sicily Bargains is a different matter.

Cheers
Ricky

I would hope that's the only reason because I was very happy with the service provided by Sicily Bargains. I just worry because of the warning issued :/http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … nts.552123

I hope Morgan can answer some of the worries!

You could try the other outfit holland - malta (just ggogle). I switched to using them as they accounts are a little more organised and can give proper VAT receipts.

brayster99 wrote:

You could try the other outfit holland - malta (just ggogle). I switched to using them as they accounts are a little more organised and can give proper VAT receipts.

Wow,  25% on top of your order plus 15€ delivery !

:dumbom:

We have bought many things from Homesolutions who deal with Germany Ikea. I chose my furniture from Ikea England then send them my order and then they get it from Germany IKEA I have had a brand new kitchen with appliances and homesolutions will fit it.. We are just in the process of having two bedrooms furnished from ikea Gemany through homesolutions. The quality is excentlent.