Cosmetics in malta

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can buy facial wash in Malta like nivea brand etc and other cosmetics like body cream. I am looking for a shop similar to Boots in UK/Ireland but can't see to find a similar one here? Pharmacies in Ireland sell that type of stuff but I don't know if pharmacies sell similar products here?

Hi I asked a similar question a few weeks back about toiletries and was given some recommendations, see the post here

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=596531

Pharmacies also sell some cosmetics but the few ive been in have been limited and reasonably expensive. Supermarkets are a little better but I still find them pricier than the UK. 

I haven't tried the suggestions in the post but maybe they'll be of use to you :)

Yeah I had a read through it before posting. I've already checked lidl and some other suggestions. Lidl is fine for shampoo etc but for a face wash I want to stick to the one I know and not change brand.

It would take a bit longer but if you google trotters independent traders malta, you can have them buy products from the uk and ship to you in Malta. I believe it's a small shipping charge. I plan to use this (depending on cost) when I move to purchase things from Superdrug.
Hope this helps x

charmender wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can buy facial wash in Malta like nivea brand etc and other cosmetics like body cream. I am looking for a shop similar to Boots in UK/Ireland but can't see to find a similar one here? Pharmacies in Ireland sell that type of stuff but I don't know if pharmacies sell similar products here?

I have seen a lot of Nivea products in supermarkets and chemists in Gozo so assume you can get them in
Malta.

I don't think you'll find anything like Boots. Supermarkets sell Nivea, I think Smart has a lot.  Also the Chain at the Point seems to have more toiletries than most and a couple of brands that supermarkets don't seem to get.

Yeah Smart def has Nivea and I also got Nivea handcream in one of the small pharmacies on Republic St in Valletta one day, so the brand is pretty common here.

Haven't seen anything like a Boots equivalent here at all.

I have seen Nivea in most supermarkets since I do use it - the bigger ones stock them for sure. Pavi, Pama, Savemart, Greens, Sparkle Image & etc. just to name a few

Nivea is sold here in all the large supermarkets and chemists, often specials offers, I use Olay and once you have done exchange rate is nearly same price as uk. In Valetta/ Silema a couple of the expensive well know make up brands have their own shops also in the department stores there are franchises. Finally the Body Shop has stores all over again by the time add on charges for delivery from uk about same price.

A lot of you mentioned smart, where exactly is that?
I am living in Sliema so if its nearby that would be great.

Next to (online) supermarkets, mini markets, Sparkle Image, outlets of The Body Shop, Yves Rocher, Vichy, L'Oreal, Franks, etc. etc. there's a beauty shop or pharmacy on every corner selling cosmetics.
There are also a number of specialized shops like Beauty Centre Malta

I believe there's absolutely no lack of cosmetics on the island.

charmender Smart Supermarket is in Birkirkara. I'm sure you must have something more convenient in Sliema between the shops and supermarkets.

Smart does do online delivery if necessary but there are far fewer products on the website than there are in store. Plus we had problems with their online delivery service and stopped using them.

Thanks for all your tips!

Actually was browsing through a chinese bits and bobs shop yesterday in gzira and came across the 'simple' brand face wash. Was delighted because this is the one I use. Sometimes you find what you are looking for in the most bizarre places!

glad you have found your brand Charmender, however do check its Simple and not a copy! As you are in Sliema, Tower supermarket should stock this brand as well as your local chemist as again Simple is quite a popular brand here. :)