Cost of living in Mauritius

Hi All

I have been offered a JOB in Mauritius with a annual salary range between Indian curreny(Indian rupee) 3.5 lakhs(INR) to 4.0 lakhs(INR) per year. The travel and accomodation will be provided by the company. I am completely unaware of the life style in Mauritius and also whether we can lead a comfortable life with the salary of (indian rupee) 3.5 lakhs(INR) to 4.0 lakhs(INR) per year.

INR 350,000 = MUR 197,000
INR 400,000 = MUR 225,000

So MRU 16,400 - 18,750 per month.

Could anyone let me know whether we can lead a comfortable life with with the salary range of  MRU 16,400 - 18,750 per month?
Other than the accommodation which will be provided by the company, what will be minimum expenses which will be incurred per month.

Hence, I request all members to provide me an information on this.

Regards,
Marklunes

Hello Marklunes.

In meantime, I invite you to read this thread on Cost of living in Mauritius. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

You can lead a comfortable life, but not a luxurious life. You may accept the job, the salary is ok.

Hi there Marklunes, just for your information ....

The Mauritius Board of Investment - BOI states that if you are employed as a professional you must be paid a minimum salary of Rs45,000 per month or Rs30,000 per month in the IT Sector.

Professional - Basic salary should exceed MRU 45,000 monthly. However, the basic salary for the category Professional in the ICT Sector should exceed MRU 30, 000 monthly.

Professionals should show proof of Academic qualifications in their respective fields.

What type of job are you being offered for the salary you have quoted?

It seems that some work permits are granted for non professionals on lower salaries under a different scheme so it depends on the type of job.

Hi all,
     I got an offer in mauritious with 70000inr pm ,accomodation ,food.transportation will be provided by the company.
   Can any1 please tel me ,is it a good amount ,if yes how much i can save.

kindly reply as soon as possible

thnq
sravan

Hi sravan,

would you be alone ?

What type of job would it be ?

Hi Julian,ys i will be alone,and it's a restaurant ,will b working as restaurant  supervisor