Home delivery

We will soon move to Budapest.  We prefer organic foods and currently in the states have a farm deliver fresh, local, organic fruits and vegetables to our door.  It is a service that several farmers provide in our area.  It is very convenient.
Does anyone in Budapest know of such a service there?  I am aware of all the markets but would love to have home delivery.
Thanks!

Hello MissNurse.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Miss Nurse,

You have three major options:
1. home delivery by convenience store chains (all kind of FMCG not just fresh food) such as GRoby (GB),
2. try to find and make a deal with a local supplier, have found this one just south of Budapest (Hungarian only page) or
3. go visit an organic markets (at places they keep it in regular timeframes, say every second Saturday) and make a deal with the people there for a home delivery. To manage this you'd start with this websearch N.B. On the Budaside there is one open almost every Saturday, close to the MOM Park Shopping Mall.

Which area you do plan to have your new home?

One home delivery option (sorry, only in Hungarian):

http://www.nekedterem.hu/hetidoboz.aspx

Don't know if it is specifically organic (you may have to ask -- they may speak English and you can always try that).

You can also contact the Hungarian Organic Association and ask if they know who might/can offer specifically organic produce home delivery (I do know for a fact that some there do speak perfect English):

http://biokultura.org/bemutatkozunk/tagjaink.html

The weekly box thing has not really picked up in Hungary yet, but there are people who try it. I live in a rural area, and the only farmer who tried to organize it set the price way too high, and asked for way too much trust and investment. I think these schemes work better in warmer climates, like California, where there is a nice variety of produce in season all year around.
I would not mind paying premium for fresh local organic produce from spring till autumn, but to keep paying the same price for crates of onions and potatoes for the other 6 months is luxury.

You'll probably have to drop in to the market once a week instead, or team up with a neighbor to do it for you.