Re-Location to KL (Cost of Living, Can spouse (dependant) work?)

Hi ALl,

I am a working professional from Bangalore, India. My husband has got an Job offer in KL, Malaysia and is considering to take it. Can anyone help me in answering a few questions?

1. Will RM 5k per month be enough for two people and a 8 month old kid?

2. We are pure vegetarians and which area is good for basic accomodation and good with basic amenities (indian shops, public transport, supermarkets) is recommended? what will be the cost per month?

3. Will I be able to work if i come as a dependant with my husband?

4. What will be an approximate cost work out per month for 2 people who are pure vegeterians (Food, Cable, Internet, transport, electricity, etc.,)

Appreciate if i can get answers for these questions...

hi preethi,

I just read your post regarding employment for your husband.
I'm a recruiter working here in KL. May i know how many yrs of experience your husband got? is he into IT? Yes you can work here.But after coming here if u get a job then that company people will convert your DP to EP..If you are in to IT field then it is easy to get.
5k is good but it depends on the other employee benefits..try to ask the employer regarding family insurance and other allowances.
There are so many good indian living areas to live..rent will be around 1,500 to 2000 rm per month.

for food = around 600rm per month
current bill = 150-180rm per month
tv connection n internet = 200rm
water bill = 30rm
transportation ( if u use only public transportation then ) = 150rm ( unlimited access to trains and buses per month)

if u have any queries u can reach me at [email protected]