Mopeds in Jubail

Hi all,

I and a few friends here in Jubail recently bought 50 cc mopeds to get around with.  I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there with a similar bike who'd be interested in weekend runs.  Safety (ok, relative safety!) in numbers!

Hi Bluenoser!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

That sounds cool. Take care on hittin' the road, you know how it is.

Yeah, I find if I hug the shoulder, stay on side roads, and make eye contact with anyone beside me at the lights (not to mention tailgating in traffic if it's heavy and slow) the psychotic drivers are manageable.

Oh okay. Good luck with that. I hope you'll have fun.

I was going to suggest you get a moped, babyHM, but oh, right, we're in Saudi, where you're forbidden to ride even a bicycle!  (Hang on, have to check my closet to ensure all of my shorts are below the knee, wouldn't want to give anyone lascivious thoughts.)

You're so right. The only vehicle I am allowed to drive is the mini-4-wheeled-motorbike-like thing in the desert. I don't know it's name. Sorry.

Oh nobody messes up with the rules of proper driving attire, so get them ready. Lol.

Bluenoser wrote:

I was going to suggest you get a moped, babyHM, but oh, right, we're in Saudi, where you're forbidden to ride even a bicycle!  (Hang on, have to check my closet to ensure all of my shorts are below the knee, wouldn't want to give anyone lascivious thoughts.)

Hello Mr.Blue
I just want to tell you that you can buy a bicycle and use it anywhere in Saudi Arabia just like anywhere in the world.

Be positive .

And I wish you all a happy weekend .

Fair enough, I am very happy to hear it.  Positivity back at you!

Good news :)