Toastmasters

Hey guys,

Have you ever heard of Toastmasters? Honestly, I totally forgot to bring that up in our last meeting =.=

Basically its a club where you can develop two skills, Communication Skills (giving a lecture, presentation, improve body movements, vocal varity, etc..) and Management skills (get some tasks, be a committee member, be club president, manage an event for the club).
I have been with the club for over a year now, and it is really interesting and fun!!

We (club members) meet once a week (Monday), the session goes from 8.15 till 10.15. I know it's a little bit late for this time, but you are most welcome to visit the club next week and check it out yourself before you join (if you decide to :P), we are more than happy to welcome guests at our club :)

You can find info more on toastmasters.org.

http://imageshack.us/a/img833/8813/49810845.jpg
or visit:
https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source … oDACw&pw=2

Where in Khobar?

Ops.. .It is located in Dammam.. (admin, can you move this topic to Dammam forum :S)

Anyway, I will update the post with a location map of the place, it should be easy to get to.
If you need more help, just drop me a message and we can get in touch.

There are many toastmasters clubs around the world (10 in Dammam-khobar area itself), not all clubs  are open to public, but our club is :)

Do you have women there as well?

Yes Fifi, we do have women also :)

*updated Location, just click on the link and see the text or the map itself.

adnan  , how many members there and is there any families ?

So far, we are 15-20 members, and yes, we do have families also

you can always drop by to check the meeting out and be our guest anytime :)

Thanks adnan we,ll try our best.

Hello Adnan,

When is the next Toastmasters meeting? Am interested in attending.

Thanks.

Hello Maysaadi,

The next meeting will be held this Monday, but this particular club is meeting in Dammam.
I am sure you will find similar clubs in Jeddah as well :)

No no, I moved with my husband to Al Khobar! :) I forgot to edit my location!

Welcome to Khobar :D, if you need any help around the city, then let us know :)

So would you like to join us this Monday for the meeting?

Oh so it's this Monday then. Unfortunately I can't make it:( But please keep us updated. Hopefully the next time I'll be able to attend. Many thanks.

I wanted to join the club. Please give me more details

There is an open house tomorrow at the same venue at 8:00 pm, basically it's a demo meeting where you get to know more about the club and it's activities. Not an official meeting but more like a welcoming to those who are interested to know more about the club.

I won't be available as I am in western region currently (work :/), but I guarantee to you that the club memebers will take good care of you, drop me msg and I will forward to you the number of the person on charge of Membership.
Location is already mentioned on the first post :)

Again, your most welcome to join :)

Kindly send to me your name and mobile number so that I can call you... here is my mobile no: 0541334882..
Thank you. Hope to see you the soonest.

Bong

Definitely Bong :)
You are most welcome

When is the next meeting of ToastMaster Club ???

It will be on 5th November (after Eid).

:)

Thanks for sharing this Toastasters invitation. I'm new to the country and to the list.

Am certainly interested in learning about public speaking and meeting like minded folks. Will try for the December open meeting if there is one as I just missed November 5.

Hello scottlo :)
Sorry for the late reply, been quite busy lately,
Our next meeting is this coming Monday (26th Nov), meeting will start at 8pm. You are most welcome to come and have a look at our club and our meetings :)

hi.
I am mechanical engineer and i am really interested in such activities and new connections.
is there any link i should join online to get updates and messages??

thank u in advance

daniel

Hi there Daniel,
any one is welcome to join us, perhaps you want to come and have a look at our club first? check it out and then decide? we will be happy to have you :)
We are meeting this coming Monday (3rd Dec), it will start at 8pm.

Have a look at the map, if you need any help with directions, then i can guide you :)

Adnan

Hey Daniel,

I visited the Damman Diamond Toastmasters meeting this past Monday. I had a great time and was made to feel very welcome. I'm planing on going this coming Monday as well.

Adnan was a gracious and informative host. I think his reply to your message has all the relevant info. Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

Hopefully this Monday I too will be finally able to make it.

Is it? that is good news then :D

adnan is inbox me ur cell number and send me details if there are good number of famlies and ladies i can join as well.

Sure thing. But this is in Dammam/Khobar, your location says in Riyadh.. Or you moved to Dammam?

We used to have about 3 families, unfortunately two moved out, right now we. Have one family only, nevertheless, we are always happy to have anyone with us :-D

Will be sending you my phone number right away :-)

hi 3dnan... i am back to saudi arabia and i would like to meet u in toastmaster...

can you update me about the soonest meeting? my number is 00966554165162 and i will be thankful if i get the location on whatsapp.
see u

daniel

:BUMP:

guys, the door is still open for anyone who want to join :)

So the club has come with this poster, feel free to drop by!!

http://s13.postimg.org/y9vc5urdj/Poster_1.jpg
http://s7.postimg.org/7k623fg4r/Poster_2.jpg

Greeting
My name is BenMahfooz and I'm the current president for New Discovery Toastmasters Club.
We are located inside Aramco office area.
I have been contacted by people who would like to join Toastmasters, unfortunately I can't accommodate them because they are not Aramco.
Would your club accept female as members? And what division is the club under? We are under Division M.
You cooperation is highly appreciated.

Greetings to you too!

Definately, our clubs welcomes both male and female, we meet in Dammam thou, is that suitable with them?

Regards,

Thank you Adnan for your quick response.
At least one I know it might be far for her as she lives in Khobar. I will inform the others.
Would you know any club in Khobar who accept females?
And I would like to pay your club a visit in the near future. If you could send me the location
I will be out of Saudi for a short while, but I look forward to visit clubs outside Aramco.

We will be more than happy to welcome you :)

the link shows our meeting place http://goo.gl/maps/wHJIS
Also, this is the link to our website at TMI http://goo.gl/3NtTtJ

I think Discovery, Oasis & Sahara clubs do accept female clubs in Khobar, feel free to contact them and find out, you may find their details from TMI website as well :)

P.S. apologize for the late response, got held up a bit.

Hi Adnanji
Is this club still active?I came across this when searching about activities and associations for women in Kingdom?How friendly is this club to Indiaan females?

Hello Sanofer,

Yep, we are still active :)
We are open to anyone and everyone, you may pay us a visit as a guest and find out if it suits you.

Thank you for prompt reply.Can I come there as a family?

Hello Mr. Adnan

May I know your club name? I am interested in joining the club. Kindly let me know when is the next meeting