Moving to Dammam

I just received my formal job offer today, signed and returned.  Looks like I am moving to Dammam to work as Hospital Administrator in the National Guard Hospital in the next month or so, no date confirmed yet.  Nervous and excited all rolled into one.  Would love to hear from anyone in that neck of the woods.

Congratulations on the new position.

One of our fairly new members, has just taken a position at the same hospital.  She's from Toronto.

A female hospital administrator...amazing.  Just amazing.

Again, congratulations.  See you here soon, we hope.

There are a few people here from Dammam/Dharhan/Khobar (I lived there earlier) and can help answer questions you have about the region.

Scout around on some of the threads and you will probably get a feel for what it's like here.  Anything you can't find, don't hesitate to ask.

i might also be moving there .. so let us both seek some info about living there .. right?

Hi Maria,
welcome you in Saudi, I hope you will like it.
National Guard Hospital is a nice place to work and live there.
Congratulations for the new job.

Bye,
Abdullah

We have quite a few female administrators at my hospital, even some women directors.

Hi Maria Congratulations !!!

There is an ultimate requirement of females in Medical professional from nursing to director level, even at female entrepreneurship height, because number of female patients in many countries hiding their medical problems because of the man dominated medical arena in this world.

I am planning to give medical education to my 2 daughters and start saving for their entrepreneurship.

Best wishes.

Alliecat wrote:

We have quite a few female administrators at my hospital, even some women directors.

Good to know...thanks for the info.  I just thought they might be limited to department heads for nursing and other "women's jobs".

Maybe my prejudice about this place influenced my perceptions.

Hey, Maria and Crazy Luv:
I have a job offer in Dammam too.
I am excited and I am looking info about it too.
Good luck!

The Eastern region is a great place to live and work. National Guard also provides great facilities and perks. Welcome, good luck, and enjoy!

Welcome to National Guard Health Affairs Program, Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal Hospital.  LOL. That is a "mouthful" to say and remember. 
It is a very friendly hospital, the people all are great.  They welcomed me warmly.  You will enjoy it here.  The hospital has 2 floors, it only sees National guard employees and their eligible dependents and extended families.  It is super hot here, but thank God for air conditioning.  The accomodations are in the hospital grounds, so you will walk to work.  Doesnt take but a few minutes.  You are admin so I am sure you will have your own flat.  I replied to your message, and feel free to contact me anytime.  And, when you are here, be careful of the shawarma.  I went to Al Khobar and had it, and for a month I was so sick with salmonella food poisoning.  But, I have to say the Dokktura here was great with me, and I am on the mend.  So, it is a great place and I am sure you will enjoy it here, and btw, there are other staff here from Ireland too.  So, stay excited and don't be nervous, you will fit in here nicely.

Hi Maria

I recently moved to Al Khobar which is within the tri city area.

I don't know which country your arriving from.  Don't know what type of housing you'll be provided with.  I live in Eurovillage compound.  I like our residence which is a one story, 3 bedroom, 3 1/2 baths, however, I would not recommend this compound.  If you have children, Oasis or Canary would probably be better.

Outside your compound you will have to wear an abaya (black coat covering) but not necessary to cover your head.  Grocery stores carry everything you need, may not be the best quality. Tammimi grocery store is very good.  All compounds provide buses to take you to grocery stores and malls.

Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Welcome to Expat.com, Dee3 :)
So Eurovillage has changed so much? Have been living there myself a couple of years and had good times there!
Cheers
Arlette

welcome to Dammam

Hi maria and welcome to saudi arabia

congratulations

and have a nice pleasant

wellcome to dammam i am an HSE manager here in construcrion company its nice i just moved here couple of weeks ago good luck

welcome - we all are here, if any help is required : )

All I got out of this post was that shawarmas are bad :O
You need to the right place, maxim, Abu nawas, al wazan. ;):P

Hi Maria,

I just arrived last week from Belfast.

Its not much of a place for a dander, far too hot and from hat I hear from the guys I work with its only gonna get hotter and the humidity is set to rise as well.

At least it won't rain on you!

You'll find out everything you need to know here, good bunch of people.

Good Luck with the flghts, oh try and get off the plane sharpish if you are landing in Dammam Airport and make sure you take a visa slip off the cabin crew and get it filled in before you land.

I didn't, spent over an hour and a half queuing!!

Cheers.

JayK

djkirsh wrote:

Wait wait wait, if it's Shawerma we're talking about we certainly cannot exclude Al-Awaafi and Al-Saaj Al-lubnaani (best Shawerma w/cheese). In my opinion though, Al-Wazzaan is best. (:

so where's this Saaj Al Lubnaani place?  u got me hungry... and the best cheese shawarma i've tried is at Rumanah... but i am sure there is better something better!

Gamedoz wrote:
djkirsh wrote:

Wait wait wait, if it's Shawerma we're talking about we certainly cannot exclude Al-Awaafi and Al-Saaj Al-lubnaani (best Shawerma w/cheese). In my opinion though, Al-Wazzaan is best. (:

djkirsh wrote:

so where's this Saaj Al Lubnaani place?  u got me hungry... and the best cheese shawarma i've tried is at Rumanah... but i am sure there is better something better!

Gamedoz wrote:
djkirsh wrote:

It's a bit tricky to give directions to... As you enter Khobar, you'll go underneath the bridge then into the tunnel right? leading to a traffic light. At said traffic light take a right then go straight till you are met with another (traffic light that is), take a left here and you should find a sports club to your right, go straight ahead till you see the third traffic light, take a right here, straight to the 4th traffic light, then go straight. The road here will be split into two kind of, a right and a left, go left and keep an eye out to your right for a restaurant that is mostly black and has a flame font in red. Man that was a mouthful.

Where's this Rumana? What cheese do they use? Assaaj use Cheddar cheese.

keep going straight till you're met with yet another,

Hi WELCOME TO DAMMAM. It a nice place to be .Even i came here recently. Its good.

hi, iv just moved to khobar, an was thinking of moving onto eurovillage,, any good? facilities look good.

Hi Maria! Welcome to the blog!

Good luck!!!!

Hello Maria,
Welcome to Dammam.

I wish you would be settled well in NGH.

For any local services, dont hesitate to contact me at all.

Thanks.

Shahid Khan