Suggestion required to live in Dammam instead of Al Hasa

Dear All,

I got an opportunity in al ahsa, i came last month here, al ahsa is very boring place to live, I want to move to dammam and need a pick n drop from dammam to al ahsa so i will daily out back here.

I am planning to bring my family here so good schooling is also not available in al hasa. In my view living in dammam with family will be beneficial for me.

please help me for office pick and drop or suggest me if a good n less expensive schools are available in al ahsa, or my planning to move to dammam is good.

Thanks

A.A.Shaikh

Hi amirshk and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that other members will soon share their knowledge with you.;)

I may suggest you to post an advert in the community section of Dammam classifieds, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

Hi and welcome to KSA

Al Hassa is a beautiful place and very near Doha (which I find one of the most beautiful cities in the region). It does not have traffic (like Dammam) and people are very friendly. There are farms with swimming pools and other activities which you can get involved. Is has the best gym in the region (Fitness Time) better than gyms in Dammam) with football, swimming pool etc.

The living cost in Al Hassa is less than Dammam and the climate is cooler because the place is the largest oasis on the planet. You can find cheaper accommodation and better housing.

Finally, the idea to commute from Al Hassa - Dammam on a daily basis is a 'killer' even if you use the train. Regarding schools, I cannot help you as I do not have a family.

Good luck.

Thanks emoustakas for ur guidance, the major prob is schooling if some one guide me may be it will resolve my tension.

I am waiting for reply, i required international school or any pakistani school in al ahsa.

thanks

emoustakas wrote:

Finally, the idea to commute from Al Hassa - Dammam on a daily basis is a 'killer' even if you use the train.

I agree with @emoustakas. Don't under-estimate this unusual daily to-and-fro. Or say, don't over-estimate yourself :P

I wish someone from Al-Hasa would help on the schooling issue.

Hi
I've been told that the Nada School in Al Hasa is very good. You would have to check it out to make sure.

Thanks UmmeZahra, but Nada is very expensive I cant afford for 4 kids education in NADA anyways my family is here in Al Ahsa and I got the affordable school as well.

Thanks for your reply

Salam alikm,
I am wondering how is life style with family is going in Alhasa. I have kids going to school. I will be moving there after 2 months. I am wondering about good school & accomedations.

Why r u wondering? I mean at the start i was wondering but now m relaxed n living happy with my family in Al Ahsa.

So dont worry n ask the exact question m here to clear all of ur queries.

Thanks for your reply and I really appreciate your help
I would like to know international schools names & prices?
Is there compounds in al-Hofof? How much is rent for 3 bedroom house/villa in a compound?
If compunds are so expensive, is leaving in a building safe, does building have security? How much is a flat in a building?
What are avaliable transportaions for women in Alhfof and how much is it?
Thanks in advance

any pakistani family ....???
in alhassa or hafuf ?

Hi , which school your kids are going? I m in talk and will accept offer soon, please reply quickly, any one school except Nada in  alhofuf please...

It's not so bad here in Al Hasa especially if you're saving some money. Boring yet very economical.

kimyboy wrote:

It's not so bad here in Al Hasa especially if you're saving some money. Boring yet very economical.

totally agree. Lived there for 4 years.

Employer saying that they can arrange family accommodation outside the compound at Al Hasa, what's are pros n cons,,   i m coming from Canada,,plz help

angeltani wrote:

any pakistani family ....???
in alhassa or hafuf ?

Yes I am living in Al Ahsa / Hofuf for last 3 years along with m family

Zegar911 wrote:

Hi , which school your kids are going? I m in talk and will accept offer soon, please reply quickly, any one school except Nada in  alhofuf please...

There are so many others and some famous are AL-RIYADA international school (O-Levels) , Al-Angels International School (O-Levels) , Pakistan Embassy (Federal Board) and two Indian schools.

for O-Levels i suggest u Al-Riyada the fee structure is cheap than NADA School.