Another eagle has landed lol

Hi All,
I arrived on Sunday night.  My feet finally touched saudi sand.
Its been a very busy week, but all are so helpful and friendly.  And, the heat is unbearable LOL!!!!!

Hi Cynthia, WELCOME!!

Oh, and it's a lot hotter come mid-August :lol:

and its still getting hotter, i bet many didnt know it was over 50 C yesterday.. :offtopic:

Hi Cynthia,
Welcome to Saudi Arabia!
You have moved from one extreme (cold climate) to another. You will get use to it. It took me a couple of months to acknowldege the reality of living in the desert.
I believe it is extremely hot today.
Best wishes for summer 2010 to all in Saudi.
Let us go out for summer camp.. hahaha!!

Thanks to all.  Yes it is hot, when I go out at 7am to a 2 min walk to work I am hot.  Not used to that, although Toronto can get hot on some days and very humid, it cools down at night usually, but here I don't think we could survive these summer months without air conditioning.  LOL.  But, I do love it here.  The people have been so nice and friendly to me, and very welcoming.

welcome aboard the sizzling express.... come August we will possibly see 55C in the shade.... enjoy the heat and the happiness

Keep us updated on your discoveries about the land of sand, Cynthia e, for us future-landing-eagles! :) Glad to know your first impressions are positive, 'cept for the heat.

Cynthia's heat trials are different than you folks are suffering in Riyadh and other inland locations.

I got back today and it was like someone stuck a wet sock in my throat...and I just came from BKK!  It's a lot more humid...I mean really humid down here along the coast.

I had to pick up my vehicle from the workshop on Exit 30 on Khurais Road and drive it all the way back to Olaya at 12:30 pm on Tuesday and ended up drinking three full bottles of water when I reached my clients office. It was sizzling and toom almost an hour to get there in heavy traffic. Phew!

Cynthia e, welcome to the country.  Sounds like your having a nice time settling in. 

Im heading back to KSA on Monday and Im NOT looking forward to the heat.  50C -  seems crazy to me... I remember visiting the Arenal Volcanic Hot Springs in Coasta Rica a few years back and couldn't get in the pool that was 120 degrees.  To think the air in KSA could be hotter is just not something I can fully comprehend.  I guess I will when I arrive!!!  lol:o

All I can say is THANK GOODNESS for the AC!:D

Oh really CAF, will this be your first summer in KSA? (didn't check out your profile, LOL). Oh jeee... have fun... in fact I'm heading to Dubai on 1st of July and already apprehend the heat... the other day is saw it was already over 38°C at 7h30 in the morning! :whistle:

45°C at 2am!!

Shahab - you didn't have to tell me this!  :mad:  My stress level is already elevated about coming back to that heat!  :o  All I can say is the driver better have the AC on and water in the car or I'll die! 

Have I told you how nice it is here in MD right now?  Its absolutely lovely!!!  :lol:  Guess I need to soak it all in before Monday evening!  lol

See you all soon!  :D:D

Ok Ladies, Im finally back in country!  :D  Lets get together SOON.  Anyone interested in lunch/coffee tomorrow let me know.

Tomorrow?!!? :mad:

Make it Thursday!!

breakfast...i m in

Allie & Shahab - So nice to hear from you!

Thursday also works for me!   Actually, ANYTIME works for me (pending Hubby's schedule, of course!  lol) .  Maybe we can plan a brunch at one of the hotels, or some where else.  Im only familiar with the hotels - Sorry!

But, if Nonz & Iaonna or any of the other ladies want to go for coffee/lunch tomorrow, it would be great!  I have a real need to get out of the house for a few days until I settle in again.

first, welcome Cynthia in saudi arabia the nice people in the nice place :)

tomorrow is weekend and I hope do something except sleeping up to afternoon.
because of climate, our live as a saudies continues up to 2 am or 3 am. we cannot go out of houses before 4 pm. also our social live starting in the evening.
but really if you go to (SOUQ AL HOB/ LOVE MARHET) which located in Dammam city you will enjoy your days in shopping or you can visit the Tarout Castle in Tarout island in Qateef. or going to traditional Fish Market in Qateef aslo. also there is HALF MOON beach in Khobar as you know also you can rent a chalet there if you need privacy and you can doing parties there (do not forget to invite me if you do it  )
there are a lot of choices you can do it in weekend even you visit Riyadh City to see AL DOREY'A old town. it is amazing traditional town with clay houses. it is very nice sight. I recommend it to you.

but I think it is better to know that the winter season is wonderful here in eastern province.

wish you good weekend

Methanol - Welcome to the forum!   I'll be sure to contact you (and Cynthia) the next time Im in Dammam.  It would be nice to get together and it sounds like you know all the right places to go!  It may be sooner than you think!  :D

Hi All,
I have been to the sea, last weekend, and enjoyed it so much.  The moon was shining on the water, and it was actually nice enough to sit and feel comfortable.  LOL, and Caf, for sure when you come to Dammam, I would love to meet you and have coffee.  I am enjoying seeing different sites here.  And, it is certainly different doing all at night.  I was so exhausted the first 2 wks, with jet lag and working right away, that I am just now getting to feel "normal", if you can feel normal here. LOL.  Take care everyone, and have a great weekend.

yes CAF, you are welcome here in eastern province anytime and it will be good opportunity to meet our friends. hope you enjoy here.