Nursing jobs in Sao Paulo

Hi,

Could any one pls tell me how to find a nursing job for my wife.She has completed her Bachelor in nursing and has more than 4 years of experince. Me and my family  moving to Sao Polo for a long term, more than 2 years. My wife would coming in dependent visa initially and need to obtain a work permit for her as well.

If any one could help with some pointers it would be of great help.

Regards,
Prem Jose

Hello Prem Jose. :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Sao Paulo forum.

Hope other members will give you some useful informations.

The Jobs in Sao Paulo section is at your disposal. Do not hesitate to post an advert there. It could be useful.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Prem,

First of all your wife will need to have her diploma revalidated here in Brazil (see link below for my posting on that subject).

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=177474

Second, nurses here are very poorly paid in the public health system, hospitals, etc. I would recommend that she try looking at private hospitals, health insurance companies and the like which would pay considerably better.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Hi William,

Thanks a ton for your help. The shared link was really informative.I would also like to know
* How long it will take to convert dependent visa to a work permit?
* Do the Hospitals initiate work permit?
* Is Portuguese mandatory for nursing Jobs?
* Pointers to good private hospitals in Sao Polo.
* Where can I register her name to find nursing jobs ,like some job portal ?

Regards,
Prem

Hi Prem,

Yes, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to function as a nurse here without speaking Portuguese fluently. How would one communicate with patients or understand doctors' order for patients otherwise? One would need an extremely advanced level of fluency or it could prove to be dangerous.

In São Paulo the best hospitals are Hospital das Clinicas, São Paulo Hospital, Albert Einstein Hospital and Hospital Sírio-Libanês.

I don't think that hospitals, in general, would assist in the immigrations or work permit area in any way.

There is no way of predicting how long it would take to obtain the work permit because it depends on the permanent visa process and the Federal Police take their own sweet time to do anything.... nothing is quick and easy.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog