Looking for an internship of 6 months in Sao Paulo

I am actually a second-year student of Master in Management at EDHEC Business School in France, I am looking for a 6-month internship in foreign trade starting from January 2013 in Sao Paulo. I speak fluent Chinese, English, French and Spanish. I wonder if anyone knows companies who could be interested by my profile.

Thank you very much!

Hi
nice to meet you
I congratulation to you you speak 4 language I hope you find many real friend.
I am Ali from Iran.
have a nice time

Hello alice.schan. :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Sao Paulo forum.

You should post an advert in the Jobs in Sao Paulo section. It could help.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

Hello Alice,

I'm sorry to say that you have left your job search quite late and that means you will probably find it quite difficult to find work by the beginning of the year. It is not at all an easy process for a foreigner to obtain work here in Brazil since the law requires employers to prove that they have exhausted all efforts to place a qualified Brazilian in a position and been unable to do so. Only then can they hire a foreigner. Presently the only sector that finds it a little easier to obtain work here are those in S.T.E.M. (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) fields. Also the process of obtaining a visa and work permit is very complex and bureaucratic.

Don't give up entirely on the idea, but please don't get your hopes up. Try contacting a few relocation agencies here in Brazil and see if any of them can help you. Do a Google search to find more, but the links below are a couple to get you started.

http://premiumsurveys.com.br/en/http://www.livinginbrazil.com.br/

Good luck to you!

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Thank you for your replies, I will try my best!:-)

Alice!

I am in a similar situation, will complete my MBA part-time at FGv and moving to Sao Paolo in January.

I am looking to join a firm looking to establish in Brazil.

Perhaps we can keep in touch my email burbidge1234 at hotmail dot com

Does anyone have advice for joining firms looking to establish in South America, could be trade, infrastructure, security, transport etc

I know Brazil is looking for help in these areas?

Hi whitehart01,

Welcome to Expat-blog, I'm sure you will find it both enjoyable and informative. You will love São Paulo, it's a great place to study, live and hang out.

If there is anything you need to know about life in and living in Brazil that you can't find in one of my numerous postings just ask, I will we only too happy to share my years of experience here in Brazil and in São Paulo (were I lived for many years).

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

There is a Chinese car manufacturer coming to Brasil, Chery. Considering your languages capabilities perhapr they are interested in offering you a job during the launch of their unit here.

Hello Alice.

My suggestion is that you start posting your CV to Brazilian companies web sites and others like Monster. But I suggest you to send e-mail and personal information only to SERIOUS companies.

In Brazil we have a huge cultural problem regarding honesty and there are firms who exploit job seekers by charging heavy prices on services that they even will not do, leaving the job seeker waiting forever. So, BEWARE OF RECRUITING COMPANIES IN BRAZIL. DO NOT TRUST THEM. YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS SERIOUS.

For that, please refer to a strict set of companies who have solid and maybe even historic profile. Serious companies include from internationals like IBM and Google to huge locals like Petrobraś. There are many, many others, but you will only discover them by analysing what newspapers and business magazines tell.

Anyway, here are other tips for you to find a serious company in your search:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottdecarl … companies/http://www.amcham.com.br/

Please feel free to send your questions. I'll be glad to help.

All the best,
Pedro Carneiro Jr.

All the best,
Pedro.

Hello Pedro,

Thanks a lot for your advice,

For the moment, my research does not seem to be very successful because companies all said that they require someone who can speak portuguese...

Do you know if there are other means of finding internship opportunities rather than campanies' websites?

All the best,

Alice

Hello, Alice.

Have you already checked the IEL (Instituto Euvaldo Lodi) ?

portaldaindustria.com.br/iel

They are specialized in internships for us, Brazilians, and is where I have applyed for my internship in the past. So, if they don't have direct placement for foreigners, they should be able to give you good advices.

Also, there are places of the Brazilian "S" system:

SEBRAE; SESC/SENAC; SESI/SENAI; SEST/SENAT. Be sure to check and get in touch with them. Every big city has a number of branches of them.

There are some others of the third sector, but these are the main ones.

All the best and good luck!
Pedro.

alice.schan wrote:

Hello Pedro,

Thanks a lot for your advice,

For the moment, my research does not seem to be very successful because companies all said that they require someone who can speak portuguese...

Do you know if there are other means of finding internship opportunities rather than campanies' websites?

All the best,

Alice

Thank you Pedro!

I will try this out ;)

Cheers,

Alice