Help with our home near Quimper

Hello everyone. My wife and I have a home in Brittany Nr Quimper that we come to as often as we can. The trouble is, we need to get an infrastructure around us to help make it liveable in and mean that we don't spend days when we get here cleaning the place up, only to then get a couple of days enjoyment before we have to leave! The long term aim is to move here and put down roots. But I need enough moula to be able to do that!

We are visiting on average 4 times a year, sometimes for long periods of time. However, getting the place to be "beautiful" is often a tough task and it means that my wife spends the first few days just cleaning linen and clearing up the dead flies etc. in order to really make this place work for us, we need to find some people who could help us to do things, but people who won't cost us the earth. I wonder if any of you know some people who we could help us occasionally?

I would love to know some one who could come here for a couple of days and get the house "ready" to be lived in before we come. It would need someone who would be prepared to wash and iron the linen and then make up the beds, to Hoover and mop the floors etc. perhaps even someone that we could ask to get us a few bits of groceries in, so that there's some food and drink here ready for us to begin our holiday?

At the same time, whilst we are here I would like to have someone come in once a week at least to do a thorough top to bottom clean of the house. I would also like to have someone who can do the ironing. We have a lady who comes in now but in all honesty, she isn't very good at doing a thorough clean,it is all a little superficial.

Finally, I could do with knowing a handy man, preferably one who speaks English!

Alan - put an ad in leboncoin for Quimper - in French of course. Ian

[Moderated: Please communicate by PM or post an ad in Jobs section]

[Moderated: Please communicate by PM]

hello, my boyfriend and I arrived in brittany 4 weeks ago. we want stay here. now we need a place to stay, work, learn french....
If you like we can work together!!

would be nice to here from you

lovely greets
sabine
[email protected]