Toulouse,nice or barcelona???

Hi everyone im new and have been offered a position with a co. that has an office in the above places.im due to start in oct.wondering if anybody who lives there could help me with some info??ive to decide in the coming mths which city i would prefer.would appreciate any help you could afford me.thanks

Hi jaibee,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

You can post your questions on the Barcelona forum as well.

Thanks I will do that!!

Hello lad !

I'm from south of France and I know very well Toulouse.
I only can advice to go there ! It's a very nice city, near everything (Spain, beach, mountain...). It's a very popular city in France, its nickname is "La Ville Rose" which means The Pink Town because of the color of the tiles and the bricks of the buildings...

I went to Nice only once. It's a beautiful town, very touristic only in summer. It looks like a heavenly place (postal card landscape...) but I suppose it's quite dead from Fall to Spring (I only suppose).

For Barcelona, I went twice but I'm not a fan of Spain so I can't give you an objective advice.

I'm sure my post can't help you, sorry :p

Hope your choice will please you in the future !

Thank you for your help.ive been to barcelona so i really needed advice on the french cities.is public transport good in toulouse??

I was in Nice in December and there were still quite a few tourists since the weather's not horrible there either.

it's a nice location since you're so close to Italy and the Alpes Maritime are amazing. However, I'm not sure I could live there because it's definitely a very tourist oriented place and everything feels so jammed in there with the mountains so close and pinch-y.

Toulouse seems like a very liveable city based on my visit there and the tales from a friend who lived there for a year. It's pretty but not crazy international touristy, there's plenty of shops and so forth, and there are lots of beautiful places within easy reach of the train system.

Although Nice sounds like a dream for many people I think I'd live in Toulouse over Nice because I think the tourist insanity would get a bit old. If you want to go to the Med it'd still be a shortish ride away.

ECS wrote:

I was in Nice in December and there were still quite a few tourists since the weather's not horrible there either.

it's a nice location since you're so close to Italy and the Alpes Maritime are amazing. However, I'm not sure I could live there because it's definitely a very tourist oriented place and everything feels so jammed in there with the mountains so close and pinch-y.

Toulouse seems like a very liveable city based on my visit there and the tales from a friend who lived there for a year. It's pretty but not crazy international touristy, there's plenty of shops and so forth, and there are lots of beautiful places within easy reach of the train system.

Although Nice sounds like a dream for many people I think I'd live in Toulouse over Nice because I think the tourist insanity would get a bit old. If you want to go to the Med it'd still be a shortish ride away.

I said that I suppose Nice is quite during the other seasons because I've lived in a very touristic place on the Mediterranean coast all my life and all the villages and cities near the beach are really dead during winter... But for us, it's the better moment to walk on the sand and relax :) (a good for a bad)

I pretty agree for Toulouse !
For the public transport, it's quite good, there is the subway and a lot of buses. And then, if you like to use a bicycle, there is the Velib system (you can use all of them with the same card).
A said before, the train system in France is good and Toulouse is well placed so you can travel to the north and to the south very easily !

I agree with nekonimise.  I've spent time in both places and Nice can get very crowded.  Toulouse is more of a 'real' city in my opinion.  It depends what you're looking for!

chose Toulouse or Barcelona !
I've been living in the south of france near Nice for 4 years and the life in Nice is particularly expensive and very touristic and the age of people in the south east is very old !
it's a nice city but I think Toulouse or Barcelona are better