Traffic El Rehab- Nasr City

I am moving to Cairo in September and looking for a flat. The office is in Nasr City, so I was wondering about driving time from El Rehab or Katameya to Nasr city - how long does it take, are there traffic jams, what are the most busy hours. Thanks in advance
Alexandra

Welcome to Expat.com Alexandra!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

its takes around 20 minutes driving using the new ring road.

what about traffic jams?

Hey AlexandraG wish u luck here in egypt, it all depends on the situation in roads sometimes it good and sometimes not but it always take 20 min driving if u gonna take rehab's buses to nasr city, and their is a transportation to nasr city whole day long. :D

Taking it from the Ring Road will be no traffic jam.

Thanks!
Do you use navigators in Cairo - is there a good digital map of the city?

actually it would help in big street's & area's but not in small details from my point of view....

You can have google maps or a simular program on your phone or tablet. I have seen navigators, but have no idea about price, quality.

Use your Built-in GPS receiver in your mobile phone, just make sure you downloaded Cairo maps using a wifi spot, cuz loading maps by 3G is kinda Expensive if you are not subscribed in a monthly/unlimited plan =)

some places in Nasr City have a very high traffic
you may spend weeks in the car, just kidding :)
but completely waste of time
like Abbas Al aqqad St. & Ahmed Fakhry St.(City Stars)

about the GPS i agree with don moe :)
and also Cenlin
the technology here has a high price and cost alot of money
international calls is crazy (still remember calling my family  in Egypt while i'm Malaysia and i was paying 21 L.E/min!), iphone, mobile internet services

even the DSL and the local cellphones calls is expansive compare to the US and Europe

I have found "Sygic Gps Navigation" useful having downloaded onto my phone. Be careful using it as it eats the battery power very quickly.