NEWS: Visa on arrival extended to 8 new countries

Citizens of China, India, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, and Jordan will now be able to get visa on arrival.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent … ries-.aspx

I don't know about other countries but i have a jordanian passport and i always use it everytime i come to Egypt  to cross the borders and i need no visa or any kind of residency papers and i can stay in Egypt no matter how long i'm staying in egypt !

erikabrio wrote:

Citizens of China, India, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, and Jordan will now be able to get visa on arrival.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent … ries-.aspx

ONLY IF they are coming with an organized tour through an authorized travel agent

Poseidon13 wrote:

I don't know about other countries but i have a jordanian passport and i always use it everytime i come to Egypt  to cross the borders and i need no visa or any kind of residency papers and i can stay in Egypt no matter how long i'm staying in egypt !

This does NOT apply to everyone :D .... Yes it applies to Jordanians because of the Four Freedoms bilateral treaty but not to everyone !

Some countries have this, others get visa upon arrival, others do not need a visa but are restricted to a specific time, others can get visa upon arrival only in Sinai airports (Sharm El Sheikh, Taba and Saint Catherine), others get it with restrictions depending on age and gender, some countries MUST get a pre-arranged visa from an Egyptian embassy/consulate ....etc.

Can it really be right when my husband's company just told him it would take them 4 months to get a work visa for him which then also would apply to the rest of the family (not working) - and what do I do when I only have a 3 month tourist visas

Thanks Githa

GithaU wrote:

Can it really be right when my husband's company just told him it would take them 4 months to get a work visa for him which then also would apply to the rest of the family (not working) - and what do I do when I only have a 3 month tourist visas

Thanks Githa

From my profile you say you are Swedish ....

Let's start with your husband's case.

First off, the article mentions visa-free access for limited time, for tourism only.

In your husband's case he's getting a work visa, nothing has changed in this regard and the news above have nothing to do with it.

As soon as your husband get his residence visa (work permitted), he can apply for you and your children for residence visas (work not permitted).

However, you can stay with the 3-month tourist visa until your residence visa (work not permitted) is ready. You can extend it as well.

Thanks for your response - but is it correct when they say it will take 4 months?
I think it's a long time to wait - and my visa expires before that!
Ps. and I'm Danish, not that I am always proud of it
Githa

GithaU wrote:

Thanks for your response - but is it correct when they say it will take 4 months? I think it's a long time to wait - and my visa expires before the course! Ps. and I'm Danish, not that I am always proud of it :-/
Githa

Depends on the company and its connections inside the Dept of Immigration, but yes, getting work permits for foreigners are becoming harder every day .....

Sorry I could have sworn I saw it say Swedish .... I need new glasses LOL.

As for the tourist visa, even if immigration refuses to renew your visa AFTER the 3 months and BEFORE the sponsored residence visa is ready, you could do a "visa run". Fly to any neighboring country (Lebanon for instance), which is only one hour away and grants Danish citizens a visa upon arrival,  and come back. You can even come back same day ! .... Get a new visa upon arrival in Egypt and there you go !

Hi The Egyptian
I will tell my husband - that you have said I have to take a week to Dubai with LOT of pocket money - and when I come back, I can get a new tourist visa - and that it is the only option I have
LOL --- thanks for your answer

GithaU wrote:

Hi The Egyptian
I will tell my husband - that you have said I have to take a week to Dubai with LOT of pocket money - and when I come back, I can get a new tourist visa - and that it is the only option I have
LOL --- thanks for your answer

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Better yet, tell him that there is a minimum stay outside Egypt for 2 weeks and must be in two different countries otherwise they won't give you a new visa ....... :D:D:D