Jarir book store discount card

Jarir discount card.
Is it valid for all purchases at Jarir book store.

Not applicable on stuff we need from them i.e. computers, accessories, cell phones, electronics etc etc :lol:

Thanks, TLL.
Is new iPad available with face time. I think I saw it on Jarir book stores website. What about iPhone, it may well be face time enabled from now on.

RehabDoctor wrote:

Thanks, TLL.
Is new iPad available with face time. I think I saw it on Jarir book stores website. What about iPhone, it may well be face time enabled from now on.

Hi! Sorry, haven't been here for a while.

Yes for facetime for iPad and iPhone. :)

See you soon man.

Sorry, I have mistaken you from a previous contact named "rehabdoc" :)

No worries @riyadh11.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Not applicable on stuff we need from them i.e. computers, accessories, cell phones, electronics etc etc :lol:

Frankly this card seems useless to me...lol

...!

Is a Useless Card for sure, Unless you wanna buy tons of Stationery Items !!

saimans wrote:

Is a Useless Card for sure, Unless you wanna buy tons of Stationery Items !!

Good for discounts on books, too.

RehabDoctor wrote:

Jarir discount card.
Is it valid for all purchases at Jarir book store.

I just applied for it yesterday because of false claims made by the Salesman of Samba (discount is valid for all items except those which Jarir has already discounted).
Guys, this is all bull shit.

On the official website of Samba Bank, it is clearly stated that the card is offering 10% discount on only selected types of items which DOES NOT include Electronic items and computer supplies.
So which means you have the discount on only stationary items and books and some other 'not very useful' items.

Also, you get the 0% interest on 12 months installment, NOT for any item you purchase, but only those which are more than 2000 S.A.R!

So, please be careful while applying for this card. It has a 300 S.A.R annual fee also.

shikra wrote:

So, please be careful while applying for this card. It has a 300 S.A.R annual fee also.

Really?  Mine is free, no fee. 

But I DO have a word of advice about their return policy.  It's written ON THE RECEIPT!  So after you've *already* bought something, it says on the receipt that you can't return it!!  I once had a knock-down/drag out with the manager who eventually agreed to give me a credit for an electronic item I was returning!

Alliecat wrote:

But I DO have a word of advice about their return policy.  It's written ON THE RECEIPT!  So after you've *already* bought something, it says on the receipt that you can't return it!!  I once had a knock-down/drag out with the manager who eventually agreed to give me a credit for an electronic item I was returning!

I think for the return policy, they say you need to return back within some weeks, may be 2 weeks I think.

About the Fee, well, no one says it is free on the application that I submitted to them, but however, the sales guy was saying that the first year is free, then if you have used this credit card for purchases equal or more than 10,000 S.A.R, it is 'life-time' free (sounds fascinating).
I doubt about the life time claim, I need to confirm both of his claims from the bank on Saturday :/

Hard to trust people these days....:|

shikra wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

I think for the return policy, they say you need to return back within some weeks, may be 2 weeks I think.

You CANNOT return electronic goods.  Period. That's it.  Maybe if it's defective?  I don't know.  Also, I doubt they'd let you return a book--book stores never do because you might read it and then try to get your money back?

Alliecat wrote:

You CANNOT return electronic goods.  Period. That's it.  Maybe if it's defective?  I don't know.  Also, I doubt they'd let you return a book--book stores never do because you might read it and then try to get your money back?

May be you are right, I am being forgetful these days so can't say for sure, but I do remember there was a return policy for few weeks from the day of purchase, and it was on electronic item, may be the shopping center was Extra, not Jarir :rolleyes:

i am majeed i would like to inform the jarir bookstore iam regular costomer in jarir ,so kindly allowed me your discount card.

majeed kk wrote:

i am majeed i would like to inform the jarir bookstore iam regular costomer in jarir ,so kindly allowed me your discount card.

You need to go to Jarir and APPLY for one there.

Alliecat wrote:
shikra wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

I made a Purchase before of a laptop in Jarir...the next day, i have to bring it back for some faults - they sorta fixed it with some configurations...but after coming home, the fault surfaced again, so the next day, I, went back again and had it exchanged! :)

thanks for the thread, I was about to get this card and was thinking of buying few gadgets using the card. Now, I'll stay away

Popolocroix wrote:

I made a Purchase before of a laptop in Jarir...the next day, i have to bring it back for some faults - they sorta fixed it with some configurations...but after coming home, the fault surfaced again, so the next day, I, went back again and had it exchanged! :)

So they'll return defective electronics.  Good to know :)

dear Sir,s

i requested to issue a discount card
for this what i need to do
pls let me know

Go to a local Jarir branch. There are two ways to get card. Pay SAR 50 and apply for card or buy stuff worth of SAR 500 and attach receipt with application card (available at all branches). You will then get card with in one week.

How to do discount card of jarir bookstore.

how can my company get credit limit in Jarir?