Furniture shop area in Riyadh

Hi all,

Just got myself a nice 1 bedroom in Riyadh and now i have to furnish it, inc. kitchen appliances.

Can anyone tell me where the furniture shop area and the electric/appliances area is?

There is always Ikea for furniture, i am not looking for anything too expensive as i don't really know who long i will be staying and my company might squeal if it is to expensive (they are not the most generous financially)I think i can furnish the place for about 10,000 riyal, is only bedroom stuff, sofa, coffee table, cabinet, tv, cooker and fridge.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

cheers,

Ian

For kitchen appliances - try the store eXtra.  I think their prices are fairly reasonable.

houstonian wrote:

For kitchen appliances - try the store eXtra.  I think their prices are fairly reasonable.

Thanks, i think there is one near my new house :)

If you don't mind buying decent second-hand furniture, you can go to "Haraj Bani Qasem" in exit 21 on the southern ring road. There you can find really cheap furniture that are barely used and look almost brandnew.
That is for wooden and metal stuff.
As for Electric devices, I advice you better buy them new. In HyperPanda sometimes offers 50% discounts on fridges, washing machines and cookers that are brandnew but have scatches due to loading and unloading.

as Aminstar2 posted .. the cheapest market 4 furniture  here  is ( Harag bin Qasim ) in the south of Riyadh  .. i think in Exit  25 .. i'm not sure .. if u want t go there

the best time t go there is during the week after 7pm otherwise it will be crowded.. and it's a primitive area i wud say ... if u don't like rudimentary places don't u go ..

gud luck

waltta wrote:

as Aminstar2 posted .. the cheapest market 4 furniture  here  is ( Harag bin Qasim ) in the south of Riyadh  .. i think Exit  25 .. i'm not sure ..

the best time t go there is during the week after 7pm otherwise it will be crowded.. and it's a primitive area i wud say ... if u don't like rudimentary places don't u go ..

gud luck

Great, thanks to you both.

lol, i have no problems with markets, i lived for 16 years in SE Asia, they are like a second home to me now :)

Ian W wrote:

Hi all,

Just got myself a nice 1 bedroom in Riyadh and now i have to furnish it, inc. kitchen appliances.

Can anyone tell me where the furniture shop area and the electric/appliances area is?

There is always Ikea for furniture, i am not looking for anything too expensive as i don't really know who long i will be staying and my company might squeal if it is to expensive (they are not the most generous financially)I think i can furnish the place for about 10,000 riyal, is only bedroom stuff, sofa, coffee table, cabinet, tv, cooker and fridge.

cheers,

Ian

Hey!

If you don't mind me asking, how did you find your apartment? And are there more one bedrooms available in the building? I'm looking for a place to move to and most of the nice places I've found are reserved for families.

youngthegiant wrote:
Ian W wrote:

Hi all,

cheers,

Ian

Hey!

If you don't mind me asking, how did you find your apartment? And are there more one bedrooms available in the building? I'm looking for a place to move to and most of the nice places I've found are reserved for families.

I was really lucky that i found it posted here

http://bey3.com/al-shifa/property-renta … /?phone=ok

the guy who took it cancelled at the last minute before signing the contract and i found it 10 minutes later. Unfortunately i got the last 1 bedroom flat but there might be a 2 bedroom available, there was last week. Call Abdul Rahman 0545043515

youngthegiant wrote:

Hey!

check this website:

http://www.expatriates.com/classifieds/ … available/

I hope that would help

Amin

Aminstar2 wrote:
youngthegiant wrote:

Hey!

check this website:

http://www.expatriates.com/classifieds/ … available/

I hope that would help

Amin

I think this place is not for families, at least when i called and said i was single he didn't say no...

http://www.expatriates.com/cls/15658472.html

Ian W wrote:

the guy who took it cancelled at the last minute before signing the contract and i found it 10 minutes later. Unfortunately i got the last 1 bedroom flat but there might be a 2 bedroom available, there was last week. Call Abdul Rahman 0545043515

I actually called that guy a couple of weeks ago and I was told that it was just for famlies.

Amin, I've been looking on that website as well. Shortlisted a few apartments. Hope I find something good soon! Thanks

youngthegiant wrote:
Ian W wrote:

I actually called that guy a couple of weeks ago and I was told that it was just for famlies.

Amin, I've been looking on that website as well. Shortlisted a few apartments. Hope I find something good soon! Thanks

Youngthe giant,

Which one did you call? bey3 or expatriates? i am single and moving into the al shifa place, if it is family only he will be surprised because his contract doesn't specify and I'm not leaving! :)

I called the guy on bey3, but at that time they didn't have the one bedroom available. They only had the 2 bedroom, which is probably reserved for families as they might not want a couple of guys sharing it. You'll be fine moving into the one bedroom.