Why not create a New Arrival Group ?

Hello Everybody !!!

I'm Nicolas, French guy, I'm 27. I've just arrived in Istanbul on the 15th of February. I only know few peoples: my roomates and my colleagues at work.

I realize when I visit this website that I'm not alone to request new friends. I have tested several ways to meet people:

- expat party (which was nice but alone it's not so easy to speak to people since they often in a group : "Hello, I'm there, where do you come from..., what do you do and that's it !!!)

- try to join to a community of people who know each other and who has already shared good experiences: outings, having fun in bar, night club, diner bw friends, sightseeing (in Istanbul, in Turkey, or other countries close to Turkey. They have already had good time.

That's why I wondered if we would create a new group of New arrivals to share all new experiences ? It would be nice. Or people ready to show me/us Istanbul, the country that they already know would take a part of this group.

Maybe stupid but I try to create smthg ;-)

So many thinks to do in Turkey but not so fun alone.

Great idea!

I've been here several months already but haven't invested enough time meeting people, and work keeps getting in the way! Would be keen to meet up with a load of new people

pretty much the same here, i think it's a good idea, well that makes three of us,  Nicou your anglais is great.

I agree, great idea!

I moved to Istanbul last week and haven't had chance to meet up with anyone yet. My colleagues are great but I would love to meet some other new people to get to know the city together.

Shall we arrange a get-together?

So we're 4 for the moment. I suggest this bar PANAYOT PAPADOPOULOS SARABEVI Hamalbasi Caddesi 26 - Galatasaray (wine and beer bar, i found it on the internet) this evening at 8:00.

Or another one. I'll give you my cell number via private mail

So see you at 8:00

Agreed!!! I have also been here for almost two months now and haven't had the chance yet to meet many expatriates and make new friends.

So who will come tonight ? I will wait for you.

See you later,

Nico

can't make it, got other commitment for the evening,  tomorrow same time or earlier is good for me,

So tomorrow: Monday, 12th March 2012 at 8:00 pm

Location: bar PANAYOT PAPADOPOULOS SARABEVI Hamalbasi Caddesi 26 - Galatasaray

If it's too far from your flat, we can find another one.

Partcipants:
Me
Nedguy
Emilia
... ?

hi!
i wish i could join you :(
i miss istanbul so much!
'hope you had fun

that sound great. I want to join also..

hey guys, IŽm an Erasmus student in Istanbul but unfortunately IŽm the only one at my school. Of course I met some people from there but I want to know other people who are also interested to going out and having fun. So if you desire for it, keep in touch.
Cheers Aylin

Great, if you have any suggestions for the week-end, do not hesitate to post in this topic: night club, bar, sightseing, sport...

hi!!! I have just post something similar 5 minuts ago...ahaha:)
great idea!!!

May I join???

mAru

hello ... if there any party just let me know i will join for sure  and to know u all thanks take care

marias foogi send your cell number to me in a private mail and sorry mariass i forgot to reply you. For sure u can join to us.