Moving to Istanbul with out my Turkish husband HELP!

Hi so I need to hear comforting stories of other people who are either in the same boat as me or your a foreigner moving to turkey to study Turkish. I visit Turkey once a year and my husband who is Turkish and I have decided we will be moving to Izmit soon. So he has enrolled me in a language school in Istanbul to study Turkish. I am excited and so scared at the same time. When we phoned the school they told us they only teach in Turkish which I get but, I am freaking out for my first day can any one give me advice?

Hey. Welcome to the forum.

Whıch langauge school have you enrolled at?
I'm currently lıvıng ın Istanbul untıl the mıddle of August so If you wanted to meet up and grab a coffee then just let me know. I'm lıvıng on the European sıde near Taksım.

Hey!

Don't worry about it, people are friendly here and you will have other foreigners in the school (I'm assuming its Dilmer or Tomer) who are in the same boat you are in!

can we meet i am also in istanbul

:)
İ am also in Turkey right now ans i am trying to learn turkish in turkish :) i can say that it is not really so difficult as it sounds ! Wish you luck about it, and if u have any questions contact me :)

Don't be worried about them speaking only in Turkish! I have taken Turkish classes for about 3 mos now and while you won't understand every word they say, they try to act things out to ensure you understand things. I always brought my small dictionary and would try to look up other things that I wasn't sure about.

Good luck!

my friends tell me about jobs in istanbul,mean odd jobs or till jobs..

Hello aleem_ahmer25.

You are off topic on this thread. Kindly start a new one with your questions on work on the Istanbul forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie