Moving to Zanzibar

Hi there

I have met someone who lives and works in Zanzibar.  I will be going back to visit in the fall to make plans for my move there.

I have a dog that I will be bringing with me when I move.  Has anyone ever brought over a little dog (10 lbs)?  What are the requirements to bring a dog onto Znz?  Will there be a quarantine?

Also, I am hoping to find some work once I am there.  What would be the average wage for an expat to work on Znz?  I was thinking of getting my TESL certificate but not sure if there is much work on the island??  Or maybe work in the tourism industry?

Sorry that is a lot of random questions.  Just trying to get a feel for what I need to do to get things in motion.

Hi ZNZ10. Its really strange! You will ask WHY? & answer is.
You already met someone who is in ZNBR than don't you think you can ask that person about all this issues?

I think you missed this point!

Thank you for your response.

The person I have met is from Tanzania/Zanzibar and does not have regular access to the internet, so I thought I would ask here if anyone had any information or advice.

I apologize if my post wasn't appropriate.

Hi ZNZ10,

here i am from zanzibar,Zanzibar is Simply cool place man,my Boss Henry is from Canada,he does all the things he used to do back home.

only that,no bad things you can do to the public.....huh

KARIBU ZANZIBAR!!!