Moving to Zanzibar with our dog!

Hello everybody!

Could you please help me with my request?

We will need to have an official permit/document from the Zanzibar administration to get our dog "Carlito"
(Boarder Collie/Australian Shepherd, male, 8 years old, vaccinated & chipped with Swiss animal passport) from Morocco to Zanzibar by airplane (Qatar Airways from Casablanca via Doha to Zanzibar directly on March 14th). Without that permit no exit, unfortunately...

Thanks for any information as quickly as possible!

Lovely greetings,
Nicole Pavlin

No, you dont need anything from Zanzibar. Only your dog needs passport and vacination in it. If you need more info I can send to you I brought dog from Poland 2 month ago.

Thank you very much for your response!

It's the flight company Qatar Airways they ask me for an authorization of the administration in Zanzibar, unfortunately...

But I'm in contact with them now - so, hopefully everything will go fine:-)

Lovely greetings from Morocco & thanks again for your help,

That's right guys...Nicole & Pavlinova, please Pavlinova share with us here on whatsoever will be the aftermath of your issue which is currently under processing for our further informed knowledge on rellocating animals to Tanzania (Zanzibar). Thank you, Bahati, Morogoro, Tanzania

I would love to know how you did it? Also, trying to do the same thing. Is it easier to fly to Dar and do import there or did you manage to get straight to Zanzibar? If you have the form or a vet contact in Zanzibar that would be great?

Hi! Can you tell us how you did it? Which airline did u use? Thank!

I have not gone yet, I leave on 1st Nov, but I think everything will be fine. I booked with Meridiana from Milan, direct flight, dog only 100 euros extra. Otherwise I'd suggest KLM, only 200 euros for the dog, but I did not want the dog to have 2 stopovers. Let's hope there will be no delays!

I am organising the import and export papers with Zaaso vets on Zanzibar, so far they are amazing, extremely helpful: zaasokianga[at]

I got the blood titer done in France before leaving as I am going for less than 3 months.

All the best,

Hi Sophie!
Our dogs will come from Milan as well. Can you write me how was the trip when your dog arrives?
Also I wanted to know what is your vets from zanzibar doing for you... I thought the dogs would only need (besides microchip, rabbies vaccine and passaport) the export permit from Italy...
Thanks a lot,

Clari, I think they need an import paper from Zanzibar Ministry of Livestock, the vet on Zanzibar can organise it easily. I will let you know how it goes. :)

Dear, we are moving to Zanzibar too on the end of October or beginning of November, a bit stuck in the moment with export licence, how we can get it? Some it the same email I can use for the same? How much it will cost?
Because we are moving from Cairo..
Thank you in advance!

Questions and answers about Zanzibar

Ask your question
How is business in zanzibar?
By Naeem555
Contemplating a move to Zanzibar
By CPP007
job seeking
Jo Charnock
Can non residents Open a bank account in Zanzibar?
By Jo Charnock
TV and Internet in Zanzibar?
By ReneeS23

Expatriate health insurance in Zanzibar

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Zanzibar

Moving to Zanzibar

Find tips from professionals about moving to Zanzibar

Travel insurance in Zanzibar

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Zanzibar

Flights to Zanzibar

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Zanzibar