Moving to Zanzibar with our dog!

Hello everybody!

Could you please help me with my request?

We will need to have an official permit/document from the Zanzibar administration to get our dog "Carlito"
(Boarder Collie/Australian Shepherd, male, 8 years old, vaccinated & chipped with Swiss animal passport) from Morocco to Zanzibar by airplane (Qatar Airways from Casablanca via Doha to Zanzibar directly on March 14th). Without that permit no exit, unfortunately...

Thanks for any information as quickly as possible!

Lovely greetings,
Nicole Pavlin

No, you dont need anything from Zanzibar. Only your dog needs passport and vacination in it. If you need more info I can send to you I brought dog from Poland 2 month ago.

Hi!

Thank you very much for your response!

It's the flight company Qatar Airways they ask me for an authorization of the administration in Zanzibar, unfortunately...

But I'm in contact with them now - so, hopefully everything will go fine:-)

Lovely greetings from Morocco & thanks again for your help,
Nicole

That's right guys...Nicole & Pavlinova, please Pavlinova share with us here on whatsoever will be the aftermath of your issue which is currently under processing for our further informed knowledge on rellocating animals to Tanzania (Zanzibar). Thank you, Bahati, Morogoro, Tanzania

Hi,
I would love to know how you did it? Also, trying to do the same thing. Is it easier to fly to Dar and do import there or did you manage to get straight to Zanzibar? If you have the form or a vet contact in Zanzibar that would be great?

Thanks

Hi,

I have not gone yet, I leave on 1st Nov, but I think everything will be fine. I booked with Meridiana from Milan, direct flight, dog only 100 euros extra. Otherwise I'd suggest KLM, only 200 euros for the dog, but I did not want the dog to have 2 stopovers. Let's hope there will be no delays!

I am organising the import and export papers with Zaaso vets on Zanzibar, so far they are amazing, extremely helpful: [email protected]

I got the blood titer done in France before leaving as I am going for less than 3 months.

All the best,

Sophie

Clari, I think they need an import paper from Zanzibar Ministry of Livestock, the vet on Zanzibar can organise it easily. I will let you know how it goes. :)

Dear, we are moving to Zanzibar too on the end of October or beginning of November, a bit stuck in the moment with export licence, how we can get it? Some it the same email I can use for the same? How much it will cost?
Because we are moving from Cairo..
Thank you in advance!

Dear all,

I need your help about our animals' transport. Me and my wife will move for 3 years from Istanbul to Zanzibar and we'll bring our cat and dog. I couldn't find any official website about permissions or other documents. I already wrote to
1-zaaso.net (hope they will answer),
2-tanzania immigration service department,
3-Zanzibar ministry of Livestock and Fisheries
But there is no answer yet :(

Could you please inform me, how did you import your pets? Our dog is 6 years old, Cocker spaniel , female, vaccinated & chipped with Turkish animal passport. Our Cat is 2 years old, male, vaccinated & chipped with Turkish animal passport.

Thanks in advance. Regards.

Zaaso should reply, did you use this email: ***

They are the best!

The locals do not like dogs.  Don't leave the dog alone without a guard and don't let it touch the locals.

Enjoy your time!

Sophie

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Dear Sophie,

Thank your for your quick respond and advices about the locals. I wrote to Zasoo with that e-mail as you mentioned and waiting for reply. If I cannot get an answer, I know a local person in Zanzibar and request him to visit them in their office. I hope it works.

Thanks
Ulvi

Dear everyone. I am a dog owner here In Zanzibar and I think I Can be of some assistance. Please send me your e-mail and I can talk to one senior vet which is also a friend of mine.

Kind regards from Jakob

Dear Jakob, thank you for your help. Zaaso prepared our documents with related Institute. Thanks again to them :) And we've arrived with Turkish Airlines at 05:00 am and nobody asked anything. We just passed from the gate.
And it'd be great if you share or send the vet's contacts thus we have a cat and a dog and we have no vet here. Thanks again :)

Hello Dorotak, can you give us info about the next questions:
Can we fly with our dog direct to Zanzibar with the papers or we have to fly to Dar es Salaam ?? Because from Frankfurt are direct flights to Zanzibar.
Do we need the health certificate WITH legalised stamps ???
Will the ferry company take dogs on their boat ???
Thanks a lot !!
Greetings Peter

Hi Peter, did you already fly or still waiting for reply?

I'm still waiting for an answer from somebody.
Thanks

Hello all,

I wrote to Zaaso, but no reply yet. Is there any number I could call?

I will be travelling to Zanzibar in a month and would like to get the paperwork done to take my dog along. Is that enough time?

BR,

Aleksandra

Hi,
Doctor Rama is the guy who prepares the entrance documents for the pets and he works for the government. You can write WhatsApp to him. ‭***‬ He is very helpful. But also you need to pay a little money for the documents.
Hope to fly safe.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please share contact details through the private messaging system
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you very much! I'm already in touch with him :)

Hi everybody, we arrive from France  in 2 weeks, with our cat, all papers and vaccinations are done we only need the import permit, so if somebody has the whatapp number of M. Rama,or any advices,  it should be very helpful.  Thanks you so much. Sandy

Hello!  Could you kindly provide Doctor Rama's contact info?  I would also need assistance to import my pet to Zanzibar. 

Thank you in advance.

Iris

I only heard about ZAASO, you'll find easily on the web, and they are very friendly, I'm in touch by mail for a depart in 1 week.
Enjoy your trip
Sandy

I advise you to contact Zaaso Zanzibar  they are vert helpfull.

Hi everybody, i'm now in Zanzibar, but unfortunatelly, the day i've to go, my cat didn't come at home, it arrives later , and we've gone, so i've very desappointed and now looking for somebody who could travel with because every documents and vaccinations are done and i really miss my cat. So if somebody fly from Corsica or France to Zanzibar, ideally with Turkish Airlines. Please help. It would be so nice.  Many many thanks for your help.... We never know. Sandy

Good day

Will you be able to provide Dr Rama's contact details as I want to bring my dogs with me to Zanzibar.

Same boat. Is someone able to provide me with Dr. Rama's number or any one who can help. Need assistance with getting my import permit. Thank you so much guys

Your welcome😊

GuestPoster03589 wrote:

Hi,
Doctor Rama is the guy who prepares the entrance documents for the pets and he works for the government. You can write WhatsApp to him. ‭***‬ He is very helpful. But also you need to pay a little money for the documents.
Hope to fly safe.

Hi, i'm going to move to zanzibar in a few weeks, could you share with me the Dr Rama contact please?
i would reaaly appreciate it,
Thank you.

Hi. I'm moving to Dar es Salaam in August. I'd like to bring my 2 cats! Please advise.

Would you be able to share Dr. Rama's contact information with me as well?

Hi! I just move to Zanzibar yesterday, anything you need to know you can ask me, I can share with you the contact of the person who redacted my import permit, he talked to me on WhatsApp, so it was very easy

HOW ARE YOU I M KEN LETS TALK WHERE AARE YOU RIGHT NOW ?

@karama388

Welcome to the forum. :)

Your post is off topic.
Please do not post in capital letters as this is considered to be the same as shouting at someone.
If you have some information regarding bringing in pets then please post it here. Thank you.

Jambo,

I'll be flying in with my dog 2/19/21. And I'm in desperate need of doctor Rama's contact information. Do you still have it? @alessia24

Hi Adriana

I am arriving with my dog from the UK on the 20th February, you will be able to obtain import papers by contacting Zasso.  They are really helpful and will provide you the information and contacts you need for your import permit.

How do I contact them?

Please send me info on what you needed for dog into zanibar!!!

Hello how can i contact you

Hi I'm moving to dar es salaam on 3/22/21 with my 30lb dog and I want to know what paperwork I need and who I can contact for smooth arrival to the country please. Anything helps. Did anyone fly their dog cargo? Was there a quarantine?

Hello Alessia, I am considering to move to Tanzania fom Italy with my cat in summer, if permitted, and I will have to prepare the papers and get the permissions for it. Are you in contact with someone who can care about all of this stuff? Is doctor Rama the right person for that? Any advice or link is welocome. Thank you.