Need help with pets please!

Hi to all  :)
My partner and I are in the process of relocating from South Africa to Tanzania(Mwanza) on a working visa and bringing our x2 dogs (Weimaraners) with us..probably the biggest stress and concern at this stage. 
We're making use of a reputable pet transporter from JHB and then an agent, based in Dar, to assist with all the custom and vet clearance etc. when we arrive in Dar.

However, we still need further clarification that once we have done the full clearance and everything pertaining to that in Dar Es Salaam, that we would have to go through the same procedure at Mwanza Airport again? Or would it be considered a domestic flight and therefore no further procedure would be required?

We'd appreciate if anyone could assist with either the required procedure, having gone through the same or similar process with their precious pets, or know who would be able to assist with this matter.

Hello Izzysa.

Welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to take a look to this discussion.

Hope members will be able to help you.

Aurélie

I would think that everything would be covered in Dar. If you don't have to pay duties at the airport and go through customs again in Mwanza then you shouldn't have to go through the paperwork again with your dogs. But I would call the airline that is taking you from Dar to Mwanza to check with them, they might know. Also clarify that they can get your dogs from Dar to Mwanza, especially if they are large dogs and not just puppies.

Bonnie

Hi Izzysa

Sorry to reply so late, I just saw your post right now. I also can not really help you, but I do have a question. It might be that we get a job in Tanzania in August and if we move there we want to take our cats with us.

You write that you have an agent in Dar, could you please give me his mail-address or any other contact information?

Thanks a lot

Hello Izzysa

I read your post with interest as we too are on our way to TZ with 2 dogs, small breeds.  Are you over in TZ already or still on your way? :-)

I wondered if you would mind me asking who the agent was you used to transport your dogs from SA?  Was it globalpaws at all?  I used them many years ago, and will contact them for a quote again, but wondered if you had success with someone who proved reliable in this instance?

I look forward to your reply and goodluck with your transition phase, ours is upon us! :-)

Kind regards
M

Hi Guys

I sent you PM's with the relevant info.

All the best!