Setting up an Airbnb business in Zanzibar

Hello all

I plan to set up a business in Zanzibar, but am not entirely sure about the processes.

- How much does it cost to build a two-storey house in Zanzibar?

- How do I find the right builders/contractors?

- Does my company have to be based in Tanzania or can it be based in the current country I am residing?

I'd highly appreciate any sort of help/advice I can get!

@Sama_S realtors should be able to assist with this information but also do research on the Tz government portal on requirements just to have an idea of the procedure.

@Sama_S   Hi I'm Susan.  You can't just put yourself out there to be scammed.  Tanzania can be a danger for this.  I am a Canadian in Tanzania doing business.  My website is attunement dot space.  I'd be happy to meet you (face-to-face if you are in Tanzania) and video or text if whatsApp for a short free consultation.

Not well understand you please elaborate more
best come down meet people who have office and credentials or else take a place on hier or buy on remote control u cant build house
@vuyooffice  thank you for the response. I'd be interested in taking you up on the offer.

How can I best reach out to you? I am no longer in Tanzania so it would have be a call over WhatsApp.

I tried accessing your website but it says the site is not found as it's either not published or does not have a domain assigned to it.

@wakonyod thank you for the tips. I have already checked out the government page but the advice is pretty high-level and I need some other specific details. I have spoken to a lawyer in Tanzania but I needed more details just to be sure.

best come down meet people who have office and credentials or else take a place on hier or buy on remote control u cant build house
- @ghoshkamalendu

Best do everything through a reliable lawyer in Zanzibar , And take all his credentials. Make sure you know his office too.

@miriam mitropoulos Thank you for the tips!

@Sama_S There are no standard answers for your questions

- How much does it cost to build a two-storey house in Zanzibar?  - This will depend on your design, cost of land, and building technology. Check fumba.town to see their affordable housing models in Zbar.

- How do I find the right builders/contractors? - There are plenty, a few based in Zanzibar, and plenty in Dar es salaam. I sit in the board of this kiurengineering.com , am happy to link you up.

- Does my company have to be based in Tanzania or can it be based in the current country I am residing?
- Yes, you need to register a company in Zanzibar.

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Promoting your own services is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
@luqlee Hello

Thank you for the helpful response! I will check out the links you have sent.

Thanks again
Sama