Somali Pirates

Hi there,

I am currently living in SA , but my husband and I are discussing moving to Mauritius.

I know this is an odd question,but are the Somali pirates active off the coast of Mauritius?

Thanks

Debbie

HI Debbie, never been any pirate activity near by that I have every heard of.

Wonderful, Thanks!!

Hi

In October 2010 a Taiwanese fishing boat was seized 200 nautical miles north of Mauritius. You can find the report on Reuters.

OK so its not close to shore and doesnt seem to be prevelant!

Thanks very much

Debbie1 wrote:

OK so its not close to shore and doesnt seem to be prevelant!

Thanks very much

Exactly, so if you are just sailing off the coast then there doesn't appear to be anything to worry about.

Happy Sailing.

Mauritian pirates sit in the parliament :D

Jokes apart, you will be safe, there is no such thing as pirate raids on the coastal area. :)

The most dangerous sharks have also taken up residence in the banks these days as well.

...and I've heard they are as slippery as eels :D

U will be safe here, no such pirate around....

i naver heard about what are you saying
mauritus is very quit and nice

Kirinyaga wrote:

Hi

In October 2010 a Taiwanese fishing boat was seized 200 nautical miles north of Mauritius. You can find the report on Reuters.

The report was wrong and was later corrected. "Apparently, it was never hijacked in the first place, just a false report from the owner when there was no contact for two days."

af.reuters.com/article/somaliaNews/idAFLDE6971TV20101008

There are many pirates in Mauritius... they burn CDs and sell them in the streets of Port Louis..! :D  These are the only pirates I know in Mauritius.

@Nadeem

I think you will find these type of pirates in alot of countries :D

Chucke - Chuckle :proud

Oh yes!