Davao flatshare

Hi,

is it popular to share a flat in Davao ?

What advice would you give to those looking for shared accommodation in Davao?

Can you recommend specialized local websites or newspapers?

By the way, keep in mind there is a flat share/house share section in the Classifieds ;)

Thank you in advance for your participation and advice!

Christine

[Moderated: No free advertisement on the forum please]

housing very cheap in Davao, they have  built so many subdivisions they cannot sell them like they use to, they are  now  renting new homes, they are  small 2 bed 1 cr P4,000 but  you have to make a contract for  a  year, they are  at  the  edge of Davao city in Mintal but  close  to everything you need

Okieboy,  Are you saying these places are being rented out for $97 USD a month? What sort of conditions are we talking about? Ive been wanting to leave the US to live a more modest life in the philippines but I only have a monthly budget of $1500 USD a month. Im told getting a job in the philippines is not the easiest of things so I can rely on that. I also have significant savings but would rather have that for emergency. In your opinion how well can I live of the $1500 a month?

these are new  house paved streets water and  electric, sewer already there, they are  close together but  nice  small 2 bed 1 bath P4,000 but  you can find  cheaper if  your  looking for an apartment, you can live  good  on $1500 in Davao i live  in the  Provience about 25K i have  a  budget of $1,000 i have  Air  Cond, Internet Phone, the  food  is  cheap if  you eat  local, it  depends  on your  life style, i tell those who ask about cost  of  living, if  you can live  on your  income  in your  country you can live  here better

Thanks for the help. I keep telling everyone Ill have about $1500 but Im looking at closer to a $2000 budget to be safe. Sounds like I need to check out Davao in the comming months.

yes  for  sure  and  the  weather  is  no problem here, Davao City is  Foreign Friendly, and  clean, voted  the  best  city in the  Philippines  a  few  years  ago and  getting  better, come  on over