Weather & Currency Exchange

Hi

I am coming to Guangzhou 1 Nov 11.  Please can someone tell me how is the weather in Guangzhou in early Nov 11.  Do I need to bring jacket? 

I am also going to Canton fair.  Do you need dress up formally (i.e wearing formal suit)to impress your suppliers? 

I just wanted to come with small luggage for ease of travelling.

Can someone also tell me any bank charges for buying RMB with foreign currency in local bank?  Is it favaurable to buy RMB in china as compared to overseas?

I am also looking for accommodation.  Any clean and economic hotel with ease of travelling?

And lastly if anyone would like to meet up to exchage business experience/making new friend, please drop me a line.  I am interested in trendy shoes/dress.     

Andy

Hi Andy and welcome to Expat.com!

Concerning the accommodation, I invite you to post an advert in Guangzhou classifieds.

You should also take a look at the different discussions of the forum. It may help.;)

Harmonie.:)

Hi hermansg,

I am a Chinese in Guangzhou. I live near the Canton fair exhibition hall. I suggest you bring long sleeve T-Shirts to Guangzhou if it is several days' traveling. Jacket is needed if you travel more days as it is getting cold. Currently, It is OK to wear a T-Shirt in the daytime, but it's a little cool in the night.
It is both OK to wear formal or informal. In fact, we chinese also worry about how to wear. lol
Regarding accommodation, the fee is high at the moment. I heard it is roughly 1000RMB a night. If u need any help from me, please feel free contact me via E-mail: [email protected]