Georgetown-Penang People?

Hi, I've just landed here in Georgetown-Penang and it seems I am the only foreigner around!?! I usually like to dive into the culture of the country I am visiting(especially that this time it is indeed the core purpose of my visit) but boy how I wish I had some people to talk with.. It's a shame being here and not being able to enjoy it.. Seems like all I've been saying since I've landed is "yes flat, no, too much, yes, thank you, terima kasih, yes, no no left, yes, right, yes, room, thankyou thankyou) Anybody around to make enrich my vocabulary, I really miss saying longer sentences!

i'm sure that you'll find somebody to talk to.. in had been staying in penang for 24 years and i can tell you that they're super cool.. good luck

Penang people are not really snobish.
They can be nice to have around with and as KL, there are quite a lot of party animals around. I have been in Penang for a long time and I consider and proud to call myself as Penang local. These days I spend most of my time in KL due to my business needs. If you're still finding it difficult to mix around, let me know..

george town is a beautiful place and i have been there while staying in malaysia. but actually its not much happening place like KL. so if u wanna hangout or enjoy night life better come to KL i wish to join u here ;)