Angola - to be there or not to be there

hi Everyone,

I have registered to this site 2 days back. And have come across your Profile while browsing contents for Luanda.

Please tell / rather update if possible for few points:-

1) Do Angola have Indians in the country, or just a few head counts.

2) How is the life in luanda, in respect of safety and family life? What i read is that family life is a bit risky, If yes In what sense?

3) Do Luanda have any indian restuarant? In your knowledge?

4) If in case I intend to move in alone initially leaving my family back. What would be a best hang out.

Would highly appreciate if you could help and in return would be more than happy to help you in respect of India or UAE details if ever you need.

Regards
Dhaval Damani

Dhaval, for the safety, you can go here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8182

[email protected] wrote:

hi Everyone,

I have registered to this site 2 days back. And have come across your Profile while browsing contents for Luanda.

2) How is the life in luanda, in respect of safety and family life? What i read is that family life is a bit risky, If yes In what sense?

4) If in case I intend to move in alone initially leaving my family back. What would be a best hang out.

Would highly appreciate if you could help and in return would be more than happy to help you in respect of India or UAE details if ever you need.

Regards
Dhaval Damani

1) I haven't seen that many. I guess they are in the oil business.

2) Life s... You need to be rich to make it. If your housekeeper is angolan, you are in serious troubles. The school system is very bad.

Overall, bring in a person from India who will be:
- In home tutor for the kids
- Cook

Hi Dhaval

There are a few Indian families in Luanda (we have some of the children at our school) but certainly not many.

I don't think I would say family life is risky here, but it certainly is very different from life in other countries. Most expat families seem to stay in the compounds where they live - it is where the kids hang out, rather than in town anywhere.

There is definitely at least one Indian restaurant as we ate there about a month ago - good vegetarian food (we are vegetarians), but like all restaurants in Luanda, incredibly expensive - I think it was about US$80 - 90 for lunch for 2 with a couple of beers each. I think it qualifies as the most expensive Indian restaurant I've been to any where in the world!

Advice on packing - bring spices, lentils & curry mixes as you can't easily find them here - we always bring back Indian cooking supplies when we are overseas. (we love Indian food & were very spoiled when living in Malaysia).

Good luck
Sue

Hi Dhaval,

So you looks confuse about Angola. No decision yet?

spb-structural wrote:

If your housekeeper is angolan, you are in serious troubles.

Maybe you had problems with your housekeeper, but Angolan housekeepers are easy to work/live with, they work a lot even when paid so little compared to other countries. They adjust to your way of living, if *you* teach them. They won't learn from nothing the way you want things.
My mother is one of the most obsessive people I know regarding housekeeping (it's Spring cleaning every single day), and she teaches housekeepers what she wants from them. They normally stay 10 years working for my mother and become family, so yes. Angolan housekeepers are good.

hey i have been there a couple of times and the only indian i met was the one who owned a resturant along the coast a place called ilha do luanda but i think its closed now.the chines population is getting bigger there...they have a couple of resturants.

[email protected] wrote:

hi Everyone,

Regards
Dhaval Damani

Hi Evevy one

Myself siddharth, live in mumbai, got a offer in Luanda

Indian  Trading Company, they are into FMCG poducts , import from india, and sell it in Angola

Job offer is sales person , with a mini truck sell it to the dealers.
offering 1000 & per month + (Accomodation, food, transport, medical) + incentives

Is it a good offer

Need guidence

Regards
Siddharth

Its depends on what are you earning presently.
If you are earning 10-12k in India, you can save 20 to 30k per month in this salry (DO NOT TAKE AS GURANTEE) fully depends on you how do you spend as you are free Bird in abroad n may fall for Girls,Clubs, Outings n all.

From my opinion its not very nice offer. minimum savings (after all expenses) should be not less than 1500 USD.

Best of luck