Apply for PIN

I've got my work permit but now been informed I require a PIN before my UK shipping company will ship our 20' container. Has anyone got any experience with this.

That's easy! Take your passport & a copy of it, go to the KRA office, and apply for a PIN. It will take you about 15 minutes and you will have your online login. Print out your certificate online.

Did somebody support you in getting the permit? If so, can you give me the contact?

Hi Ingo, thanks for the information. My employer arranged my work permit so they should be able to sort out my PIN also.

Hi, Im in the process of doing mine too. You can do it online through this website:

revenue.go.ke/index.php/kra-portal

But first you need to scan and email a copy of your original alien certificate (work permit) to [email protected]

hope that helps,

Katie

Hi Katie,

Thanks for the info, I've got my work permit and have applied for the alien card but I can't get a pin until my alien card is through and in the mean time my shipping company will not send my container until I have my pin.....

I have permit but Alien ID is in registration process, for applying KRA PIN do i need Alien Card First or without Alien card can i get PIN?

Ingo wrote:

That's easy! Take your passport & a copy of it, go to the KRA office, and apply for a PIN. It will take you about 15 minutes and you will have your online login. Print out your certificate online.

Did somebody support you in getting the permit? If so, can you give me the contact?

I have permit but Alien ID is in registration process, for applying KRA PIN do i need Alien Card First or without Alien card can i get PIN?

Hi there,
for application of a KRA Pin you will need an alien ID card. However, if you are an investor(have proof of company registered in Kenya and in the process of applying for permits, you can visit KENINVEST offices and they will give you a recommendation to KRA to get you a pin.

Thanks Mwaniki.

So its better to visit their office for recommendation.

Expat since 2016 wrote:

Thanks Mwaniki.

So its better to visit their office for recommendation.

it is.

Dear Young Lady....
                                Where does one go, or, what is  the name of the office one goes to register a company:
Thank You::

We got a lawyer when we registered a company and thought it was well worth it, as he knew the correct language and was particularly helpful with regard to the Articles Of Association.

Unfortunately, due to his actions during a subsequent property purchase, I an unable to recommend him.