Moving to Abu Dhabi soon....

Hi all,

I am a young South African woman moving to Abu Dhabi in the next few weeks, a little nervous about the move as it will be my first time living and working abroad.

I am well aware of the extreme heat over there . . .hope I am going to survive :)

Do people walk to shops or is it too hot? If so what are the costs of public transport / taxis?

Looking forward to Abu Dhabi :)

Hi Kiki_SA and welcome to Expat.com!

Have you gone through the different posts of the forum? This may help.;)

Harmonie.

Hi

My name is Geetanjali.  I also have recently moved to the Abu Dhabi emirate,  living in Al Ain which is the greener more beautiful area.  The public transport is very good - local buses very cheap and regular.  Taxis also cheap but I have recently hired a car at reasonable cost too!  It is very hot but you can walk for short periods -  I try to just to get some exercise!!

Hope this has been helpful  and good luck.

Thank you for the info :)

If you are already in Abu Dhabi, then you must be experiencing the wintery mornings now.  Did someone warn you about the cold?

Seriously, you've got nothing to worry about public transport, taxis etc.  The only thing to worry about is waiting for public transport during the summer.  Hopefully, by that time you would be having a car and driving yourself to the malls etc.

In case you need any help, feel free to mail me.

Cheers

Hi KIki This is Ali from abu dhabi Yes Dear abu dhabi right now just like winter not hot ok and the second things u can go by walk also till shops during hot time
and here in abu dhabi u can buy one bus pass 40 dhiram only valid for a month 24 hours u can use it any where u can go by bus inside abu dhabi, with this pass very cheap ok and am here since 2006 to till date so i not feel the abu dhabi very costly in food or transportation so if u want to know more about abu dhabi so pls email to me at [email protected]