Possible Job Offer in Abu Dhabi

Hi All,

I have had 2 interviews for a job in Abu Dhabi and have some questions, hope someone can help.

I have been offered AED 6k a month plus an apartment, medical and health cover, 1x flight home a year plus travel included.

Can anyone tell me if this is enough to live on in abu dhabi?

My girlfriend has already been offered a position and will be accepting the offer, she also has an apartment within her contract, would we be able to share accomodation? if we share hers then I can get more AED as an accommodation allowance, this would mean an extra AED 2600 a month.

does this seem possible and is it a reasonable offer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You can share accomidation bt according to abu dhabi laws you should be married to get money back from ur company, and even though 8 is not agood amount if u think of buying a car and save some

Hi, thanks for the reply, do we have to be married or can we simply be engaged??

Legally u should be married

Laws states marriage however lots of people choose to ignore this

first of all at this package u can just live a simple life , also u can not live with your gf without marriage .I will suggest you not to take risk . because if the authorities find u ,u both will be imprisioned and deported to your country its better u accept ur own offer u can visit each others place if circumstances allow but living together is anyhow not a good idea. dont risk your career and future for 2500aed ..

Hi All,

I have had 2 interviews for a job in Abu Dhabi and have some questions, hope someone can help.

Can anyone tell me about min salary to live on in abu dhabi?

Hi mate,

I also have just accepted a contract from AD and will be moving from London. If I'm honest the salary does seem low for a westerner relocating. I have the same issue with my GF and understand we could try and live together, however due to sharia law mentioned previously it is a risk you take.

Can you not try and negotiate your contract for some extra?

PM me if you require further info on anything and will give you a heads up on what i know so far.

"you both will be imprisioned and deported to your country": really?! I knew that a couple should be married in order to live together but I thought the rule was valid only for muslim people... ok, wrong supposition....good to know! ;)