New members in Abu Dhabi? who are you?

Welcome on Expat.com! :)

Did you recently register on Expat.com? Did you recently arrive in Abu Dhabi? Since how long are you living in Abu Dhabi?

Let's get acquainted! What brought you in UAE and more particularly to Abu Dhabi? What are your interests in life? What are your preferred leisure activities? Do you have any hobbies?

Thanks a bunch for your presentation! See you soon on Expat.com! :)!

Is anyone here??

Cutejoe, The topic says to give a little presentation of yourself in this discussion :)

I'm an expat of 14 years, an airconditioned gypsy and post wh*re :lol:

Hi guys!

I'm Seymour from the Philippines. I became a member of Expat.com last may when I was looking for information about life in Abu Dhabi. Late March of this year, I received a call for a job opportunity in this city. Luckily, I got hired and left Philippines in June.

This is my first time abroad which explains my little panic when I got the confirmation from the company that I have to be here by June to start my training as air traffic control assistant. And that explains also my becoming a member of the EXPAT-BOG Team!

I write blogs myself when my cranial brains are in the mood for writing and I'm happy to see my blog included in EXPAT.

Other than blogging and surfing the net, I take interest in photography and travel.

I am not super new to the UAE but I am back again- and new to this forum.  I am working training teachers at local high schools.  I like to run, salsa, and travel.  I am interested in maintaining a healthy and positive life style.  I really want to connect with some of the American in Abu Dhabi this year.  In years past I haven't or haven't been able to find them- and sometimes I just want to talk to someone who can relate.... so if you are an  American in Abu Dhabi and you want to make a new friend- let me know!

Hi Seymour, welcome to Expat.com! Hope in the meantime you are settled in you new job! If you've got any questions, don't hesitate to post a new discussion on the forum and please share your experience with other members!

Hi Alucia, I gave you the link to the network of Americans in one of your other posts! You might want to check them out.

To both of you, just keep an eye on the forums; sometimes get togethers are being organized which also helps to network in your country of expatriations.

Cheers
Arlette

hey alucia iam into salsa alot
where did u learn it?

Been living in Abu Dhabi for almost 7years now..although I've just found this site, lol...From Canada, single, love to travel, hang out at "quiet' places...love interesting conversation, and would love to meet cool people

Rob,originally from USA and new to Abu Dhabi, but been in the area for a year.  Love travelling to new places and having adventures, and would be interested in any social groups of interesting people.

Hi Rob,
Welcome to Expat.com :)
Just keep an eye on the various forums of the UAE! Meetups are generally sticked on top of the forums!
Cheers
Arlette

Sandman6 wrote:

I'm an expat of 14 years, an airconditioned gypsy and post whore :lol:

Thats a bit tough! What U say!!!

(moderated: off topic)

Ladies and Gents,

Pass by the newly opened Khalidiyah Palace right besides the Emirates Palace, they are organizing all types of group exercise classes, from which SAlsa as well, zmba, and manyothers !! really nice hotel !!!

Hello Claudasc,
Welcome to Expat.com! :)
You are however :offtopic: : you might want to post a new topic in Abu Dhabi forum with this information.

The title of this topic is "New member in Abu Dhabi? Who are you", implying a short presentation of members of the Abu Dhabi forum :) Would you mind dropping a few lines here with a short presentation of yourself: What brought you to Abu Dhabi? What are your preferred leisure activities? Do you have hobbies?

Thanks!

I'm a 21 year old taking pictures, writing jokes and telling stories about my time in Abu Dhabi and experiences working for the brand new NYU Abu Dhabi.  My new blog is called INGULFED and it would be awesome if any/all of you and every one you know could check it out, tell me what would make it better, and let me know what you'd like to hear.

All the best, see you around Dhabi!

-Adam

i am an expat for about 2 years now in AUH, i came from the Philippines and currently working as a receptionist. whenever i am free, i'll be seen watching movies, cooking or just simply dining out near corniche....

staying in madinat zayat shopping center area first time expat to abu dhabi feeling excited and looking forward to have a good time here in abu dhabi. I am Safi from india currently working as software executive, before this i was in USA for 3 years. For me abu dhabi is going to be new experience culturally. Let see how it goes. Hopping to hear a lot from you guys..

kia ora from Temple View Hamilton NZ. I am in the process of applying for a teaching job in Abu Dhabi. Just wanting to know of anyone out there who can share pre-post application experiences. I am so serious about teaching experience and be able to hook up with those who went through teachaway.com. Look forward to hearing from you. naku noa Raiha (ryhar) means Eliza.

Hi Eliza! Welcome on Expat-blog! :) Could you please start a new topic with your question on the Abu Dhabi forum.

Thank you for your comprehension,
Christine

good evening.
I'm here for a few weeks and while not exactly weeping at the beauty of the place I'm enjoying it well enough.
It would be good to find a botle shop and some fun company though. (not necessarily together)

CanonModel wrote:

It would be good to find a botle shop and some fun company though. (not necessarily together)

A bottle shop where the bottles are filled with falling down fluid? ;)

yes, yes, yes!

CanonModel wrote:

Hi CanonModel, you're a little :offtopic: with this here!
Would you mind posting a new topic, please? Thanks

Hello Everyone :). I am just new in here, registered today. Actually, i born in Abu Dhabi, but my family from different countries in Middle East. I signed up for this site because of feeling lonely most of the time.

Hope this site let me to meet new friends :)

Welcome to Expat.com, Ivan and Nodaa :)
Hope you will enjoy your time in UAE. Keep an eye on the forums of UAE as regular meetups are being held (usually such messages are sticked on top of the forums) and this is a good way to start networking.

-> Ivan, you could have a look at our Classifieds section for Accommodation in Abu Dhabi!
Hope you'll find something suitable for you very soon.

Im a new member, recently applied, Im Paul and i hail from Makati in the Philippines. I'ved been here in Abu Dhabi for 2 years and Im currently working as an engineer for a Malaysian construction company. I like to meet and get acquainted with other people. Im not much into hobbies, whatever comes to mind i just go for it.

can i ask someone who knows the marriage requirements, im a muslim filipina marrying syrian man?????

Hi she07! :) You are off topic here. The title of this discussion is New members in Abu Dhabi? who are you? I suggest you to start a new topic on the forum.

Thank you for your comprehension,
Christine

(deleted)

Hey Alucia, are you sure you only want to make friends with Americans?! C'mon, where's the fun in that?!

Hello everyone,

this is Mohamed from Egypt, 33, regional sales manager in a multinational in UAE

get in touch!

MOhamed
050 6247985

Hi Buddies...

I am in Abu Dhabi for almost 2 years now, working as the CFO of a Bank.. Before moving over to Middle East, spent some good 15 years working in Southern African region..Having had enough of that lovely jungle, decided to move to the desert...Find Abu Dhabi interesting and lot to offer..love my golf and long drives over the weekends..I guess I am more into golf, because I haven't made some good frienships over here... Given a choice, I would love to spend time with people, rather than chasing a ball with a stick...

Good day, folks..

Hi I am not in Abu Dhabi but worked and lived comfortably there for 13 years prior to moving to Europe. I loved the City and in fact always spend a few days of my vacation each year in Abu Dhabi. I am considering an unofficial offer to come back to Abu Dhabi. No formal papers yet but early indications is that it is very tempting.  I would like to get some advice from this forum early on and perhaps I could share my experience with the Forum being a former Abu Dhabi resident.

Hi all

I am 24, an engineer by profession working in AD for the last 10 months. I am looking to make friends outside work with whom i can go out for drink over the weekend.

Hi all! I'm from Philippines and have been working and living in Abu Dhabi for the last 7 years.

Hey all!

I was actually born and raised here in Abu Dhabi. but I left to Canada for a few years, and been here working in the oil fields since 2005!

I would be great to get to know some interesting people outside of work circle, so im here!

get in touch!

later

Hi Alucia, I may not fit the type of people you are looking for but I live in the UK, female in mid 4os, an English teache rfor 12 years. i am desperate to get an Advisory teaching job in UAE. can you help me with some places to apply to, how to go about it, how long it takes to get there, work and pay conditions? I am married with a 13 year old son. we r all British citizens. I decided to write to you because you are or seem to be doing the same sort of thing (training teachers) that I would lov eto do. Any advise will be deeply appreciated.  mami jaka

alucia wrote:

I am not super new to the UAE but I am back again- and new to this forum.  I am working training teachers at local high schools.  I like to run, salsa, and travel.  I am interested in maintaining a healthy and positive life style.  I really want to connect with some of the American in Abu Dhabi this year.  In years past I haven't or haven't been able to find them- and sometimes I just want to talk to someone who can relate.... so if you are an  American in Abu Dhabi and you want to make a new friend- let me know!

Hi
I am new to this site but not new in Abu Dhabi. I am a matured, professional lady and I just realised that I have been too focused on work and have not make many personal friends other than office colleagues and business acquintances. Be my friends to show me Abu Dhabi?

Welcome to the show that never ends! :)