Moving to Morocco

Hi! I am Australian, female,  and have lived in Cambodia for the last 7 years. Considering moving to Morocco once I sell my home here  and in the early stages of planning.

Is there a recommended person or company that could guide me through the process including visa, property purchase, tax registration, pretty much all the requirements?  Basically a "go to" person. Or is it quite easy to figure out yourself?

I do not speak Arabic or French and only have basic Spanish but about to start learning French as it seems to be a necessity  from what I've  experienced on a recent trip.

Any advice or insight anyone has to offer would  be greatly appreciated as I have no reliable contacts in Morocco at this stage and solely relying on Google for now.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Berit

@SreyBerit

Hello and welcome on board !

You can start by reading the Living in Morocco guide for expats to gather information. In which country are you living right now and what would be the purpose of moving (retirement, work, business) ?

Regards

Bhavna

Thankyou! I'm currently living in Cambodia on an island and looking for somewhere a bit more developed with low cost of living and moderate temperatures.  Morocco has just grabbed me so planning on moving there to semi retire. Thinking of having an air bnb or similar but on a very small scale.

I just need to sell my house here. Hopefully soon!

Appreciate the link and will be In touch when my move is imminent to hopefully meet a few people in Tangier. 😁

@SreyBerit

Hi Srey, glad to have you here, are u planing to relcolate for a Job or what, I would like to help you regarding to all the information you need , you can just send me an Email so that I can give u my number and help you in case you need anythin

Hello Srey , Welcome to live in Morocco and tangier its my city where i am living now , for the procedure of moving to morocco i have some knowledge about that so i can give advice and help and i know an agency that have experience with that you can contact them to get more Informations and we can discuss it to see the best offers . For the language your Spanish will be good in tanger and instead of learning french you can learn Darija . Tanger is safe and good modern place and people are friendly too . We are here to help you for any other questions and feel free to contact me .

@ezzahirkk20 thankyou! I am back in Cambodia now so will be in touch when I get closer to being able to move. Appreciate your response.

@touritox thankyou. I am sorting out things before moving but appreciate the offer. Will be in touch closer to when I am ready to  move.