Need advice and feedback Re: RES developments

Hi There,

We moving to Mauritius in October and are interested in buying property. The RES scheme would be best for us at this stage. I was wondering if anyone who has already bought property in Mauritius can give us some feedback whether good or bad before we make a decision. How much do they require as a deposit? We don't necessarily want to rent as that is a waste of money. We don't have permanent residency, and we are going over on a work permit. How does it work and would you recommend it or not? What is the Mauritius property market like at the moment? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.:)

[Moderated: off-topic]

well, my opinion(IRS, RES) seen them in construction: is they got good quality and standards..as for the deposits, enquiry needs...drop 'em a call..., i can guess by now with all the competition around, several RES developments, you can bargain the deal.., or look for similar in other regions of the island...what i find great is labalise marina..but, costs a fortune: first villa marina in mauritius-u park ur boat alongside the pier, next to your villa :) its worth the price i think, for those who can afford..

RES developments also follow same standards, basically..: first choice materials inclusive aluminium openings, and mansonry and wood, great finish is in them :)

I hope u obtain a good plan(investment) and villa,

have a nice trip to mu
I.

Hi, Thus to encourage you to buy a new house from the IRS or RES scheme is another issue. Let me advice you, try to find a plot of land and then finance the construction of the same, make sure that all the construction is made in front of your eyes. For certainty, don't look for outside interiors and get impressed, you should be more aware of the raw materials being used to built. I can help you if you need advice in buying a plot of land and onwards constructing the luxury house.

Thx Kevin

Hello,

I don't think you can buy a plot of land and construct that easily in Mauritius. For the RES scheme i know a company dealing with this and there are a lots of people who pass through that company to buy properties in Mauritius.
Regards
Navin

No foreigner can buy land and construct his own residence in Mauritius.  That's precisely why IRS and RES plans were created.  These are the only residential properties you can invest in.