Volunteering in Egypt and helping Orphans & Poor citizens

Hey guys,

If anyone is interested in volunteering in Hope Village Society, please PM me so we can organise your contribution to our work.

I think that it makes no sense to organise meetings and stuff to discuss it as the kind of volunteering strongly differs from person to person.

If you still would like to organise a meeting, it will be my pleasure to attend!

Cheers

Alrighty, so there will be a meeting on Saturday, early afternoon. If you're interested to join us, please PM me so I can tell you the exact time and place.

Cheers

I have work till 7pm, Why you wanna make it that early:S

semsema135 what work you do at 7pm ???

MiaSayed wrote:

Alrighty, so there will be a meeting on Saturday, early afternoon. If you're interested to join us, please PM me so I can tell you the exact time and place.

Cheers

Hi MiaSayed i have been working with kids for over year now as an English teacher and i absolutely love to work with kids so are there any volunteers needed? And do you have a shelter in Maadi or Helwan?

Thanks ;)

samo666 wrote:

semsema135 what work you do at 7pm ???

Hey Sam, Am working as a travel agency consultant for expedia canada project, as the difference in time between Cairo and Canada is about 7 hours,It is as if am finishing at 12 pm in Canadian time,however am finishing at 7pm, Egyptian Time, my weekend is different than others too, am working on Fridays:S:(

ohhh poor pity girl :D

I think that we are facing very hard times nowadays and this topic has to be on the top again, am very sad with what is happening nowadays i n Egypt:(:(:(
Actually Miasayed is doing a great job for the people here in tahrir, thank u Amira as am following u on facebook too, and am writing here now to let all the ppl know that they can help now if they want, as we are facing hard times:(, ppl r dying and we need to save their lives, we can help the others to let them have a life

I know Amira that u r very busy,and I know that alot of ppl here wanna join u and give a hand
All of us can meet and do something to help the ppl who r dying everyday in tahrir

It is very hard to see the Egyptians dying everyday in front of our eyes without doing anything to save them, I think we can help

Have been a while since last serious meeting and sorry for being busy from my side, as am sure most of us were in tahrir square, as its a new era inshAllah for Egyptians!
Plus we already collected some supplies like Voltaren gel-pradoral demulsan-ventoline -charcoal-masks-5amera bera -eye patch-tobra dex-robat da3'et 5cm-milk and juice. And took it to our fellowers in tahrir square and thanks to all who helped here or in face book
Bless you all

Count me in , wanna join u :)

Nora, r u here in Egypt or u r still in libya?

Ya semsema135 Nora obviously she must be in cairo ??

Hey guys,

Now that there are no violent clashes anymore and people go voting happily and peacefully (Why would free and fair even be an issue?), we have more time and energy to get back to the actual topic. :-)

I work in an NGO called Hope Village Society. It's an Egyptian organisation that was founded almost 24 years ago. We take care of street children, orphans and children from underprivileged families in Egypt. We protect them from the things they are exposed to (violence, harassment, rape, drug addiction, extreme poverty) and provide them with the things they are deprived of (education, medical/social/psychological care, security, a home, love). During the years, we have gained a lot of experience which allows us now to work with an efficient and transparent system.

Of course, as I work in this organisation, I can't be objective. :-) However, you need to know that we are doing some great work and that I'm absolutely proud of my organisation and what we achieve every day.

If you're interested in helping (there are innumerable ways of doing so, trust me, we'll find something!), please PM me or contact me via [email protected]. (Don't spam me, I'LL FIND YOU AND PUNISH YOU!)
If you want to help but can't because your too busy, you can still help. :-) Share this with your friends and family, find out who wants to support our organisation.

Egypt needs to move forward, especially in these hard times. And I personally don't believe it can move forward with thousands and thousands of street children everywhere.

No blah blah. Let's make a change. I mean it!
Contact me.
Cheers,

Amira

Hello :)
Aiwa ya Samasem im here , finally , how r u? :)

Amira i have already sent u an email , and hope to see u soon :)

Libya for ever wrote:

Hello :)
Aiwa ya Samasem im here , finally , how r u? :)

Amira i have already sent u an email , and hope to see u soon :)

Hello my dear,

I haven't received any email. It is [email protected], yes, YMAIL, not gmail. :-)

looooooolz then i made it for GMAIL ill resend it

Hi my name is Joanna Gray, I am from the UK and I am nw living in El Rehab with my husband who is Egyptian. I am very interested in anything I can do to volunteer !! I have recently contacted the coptic Orphans in Heleopolice regarding work or volunteering, as yet still to have contact from them.  I am eager to offer my services with any client group that is in need of help, both human and animal need ! I have much experience working with vunlerable clients, as my work in the UK was with the Alzheimers Society working with people with dementia and mental health, so I am very much the advocate for people that are being excluded in Society.  If there is anything I can help with, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am very commited and dedicated to empower individuals. I want to put something back into society as this is very meaningful to me.

Kind Regards
Joanna Gray

Amira

Update us with any news and if you have any events!

Will do ya Moe! Thanks for the baby clothes btw.

Am flying to Germany from Dec 30 till Jan 7 and will be back in the New Year with tons of new projects.

Cheers,

Amira

That's Great Mia :) wish you a safe trip two :)

And isa soon will have more clothes too

Happy new year to all

salam aleikom. lovely post, i created a group on facebook i will give you the link https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/247305758663945/
this group is to unite the people who have, and the ones who are in need inshallah. in june ill be in Egypt and ill start living there inshallah, ill be happy to do anything i can for the ones in need, just let me know are you having some meetings? do you have an organization or whatever? please let me know :) i am willing to be helpful to egyptian people because they have been so helpful to me, i wanna give something back.
ma'assalama

Will join it now

Thanks Muhalima

you're welcome. is there any woman (who speaks english) i can contact for volunteering once im there?

muhalima wrote:

you're welcome. is there any woman (who speaks english) i can contact for volunteering once im there?

Yes you can contact MiaSayed.

jazakallahu khayran brother

muhalima wrote:

jazakallahu khayran brother

Waeyakoom sister

Amira
Got some stuff for you again ( but this time you know who gave it to me )
If you are here tell me

Thanks

Hi guys,
It's such a good idea. Please let me know what you plan to do andwen you've gonna have your meeting, i want to be in.

So Guys when you plan to have this meeting? i want to participate

Sousou88 wrote:

Hey,

I think it's a very good idea to collect money and buy stuff for the orphans or make other kinds of donations, im sure a lot of people have old baby clothes/toys and other used or new things they would like to give away.
I would like to join you and all the others who wanna volunteer. Orphans, poor citizens, animals, - let's make Cairo a even better place and make miracles happen. :)

i think help poors nt by give them money or clothes önly the real help in make aprojects 4 them and sum real sources of money 4 them .

Hope Village (and any other charity) should willingly accept any kind of productive help :) donations or projects, both are useful.

Don Moe I'm not sure Mia checks the forum but I will pass on the message to her :) thanks!! Hope all is well :-D

eltviola wrote:

Hope Village (and any other charity) should willingly accept any kind of productive help :) donations or projects, both are useful.

Don Moe I'm not sure Mia checks the forum but I will pass on the message to her :) thanks!! Hope all is well :-D

Thanks Eltviola :) I have her number but just giving her space to reply :D
And till now all is good, preparing for today in tahrir.
See you soon

Dear all

Be informed that soon we will make a visit to ESMA.

Regards!

El, you're a star!

For anyone in Hurghada looking for volunteer opportunities please feel free to contact me for details!

Hi,my name is Tina,I m new here,but when I saw this topic
I know it is what I want to do for a long time,and I m a
Chinese teacher here working with kindergarten kids and also
primary school,I hope I can do something to help.if you guys
are going together in weekends,plz let me know,really want
to join!Thanks!

Dear all,

We are collecting any kind of stuff for ESMA as they are moving all the cats to a new place
Plus some dogs
So they are in need for any old stuff to keep it in the new house,hope anyone who can give away some of their home items that are not needed anymore and that can help us make the new house more homey and comfortable for the cats, please let us know and we can pick any items large or small from any place in Cairo,
carpets , blankets, duvets, cushions, pillows , old sofa, chair, shelves, old stove, refrigerator , door, plates, cat trees, cat toys, sheets or towels, just let us know what you have and do not need and we know how to utilize that
( As per Mona-ESMA owner )

thank you for your help

Pm for details asap

Don't  forget The Worlds Orphans Day in April!
Try to make something for them, alone or with a group.

I would absolutely love to get involved with this. I was thinking about it this morning and now I see this. Shoot me a message if you set a date for this. I would be glad to help in any way possible. We can try to set something up to do it either monthly or quarterly, depending on what we can gather up in that time.

For sure we could make it weekly or even monthly!
Let's decide it asap as some people are lazy or even got tired of helping others and decided to enjoy night life only!
Once we figure out the nest step,it will be poeted here.