Accessing live U.S TV shows

Does anyone know a way to access a live stateside TV lineup? Liberty's "English-language channel lineup" is a joke. I have been streaming stateside TV using an Apple TV but I cannot get 'live' channels. I can only record what I think I might want to watch and store it in the Library for later playback. The existing franchise agreements block U.S. TV here.

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

@saysme Maybe look into satellite. I have Prime, Sling, and Hulu and I have plenty of stateside TV shows. Hopefully, those options work.

Are you talking about installing a dish?

Yes, like Dish ir Direct TV. Check their lineups and see if that works.

Direct TV is the one that blocks live channels from U.S. in P.R. All I can do is record and play back. Do you get Sling and Hulu etc. through a dish or an app? How are you accessing 'satellite' TV?

I get them through a streaming app. I'm not sure what you're trying to watch but check their packages. I also have Dish (satellite) and Liberty for internet only.

But isn't it the Dish satellite that is providing access to TV streaming?

No, satellite tv and streaming platforms are different. You stream the apps through wi-fi. You need the internet to allow wifi streaming. Download the app to a smart tv or othe device and watch their programs. I recommend you look it up. Good Luck!

I go back and forth between NY and PR.  I have used Dish for about 10 years in PR.  I get the same US programming on Dish in PR that I get on my regular cable service in NY.  The service comes with the Hopper, a DVR box that allows you to record and playback any programs you want.

You also get the Dish App which will allow you to stream live or recorded programs on a tablet or phone, or other device with an Android or Apple app.  I watch programs I have DVRed in PR on my tablet in NY.  It all works very well.  The cost is similar to regular cable service.  My Dish held up during two hurricanes.

Thanks guys. i signed up with Sling and managed to get what I wanted: live and DVR. Good price too.