OTA antennas - east coast?

Has anyone ever tried OTA (over the air) antennas to get basic channels? Antennaweb.org shows around 30 channels within 20-30 miles of Humacao, but I'm curious if anyone here has tried out this method over cable/satellite and had any success.

Great Question!  Also, are any of the over the air tv stations in english?

I stuck an antenna outside my window in Humacao last year and got some English-speaking channels. I don't remember the whole experience, but I think one of them was CBS.  I will ask my brother who still uses the antenna in Arroyo on the southeast coast. I will get back to you on this.

Yes ABC

In Humacao we picked up English TV stations from the Virgin Islands.

Does anyone know if it works on the west coast???

yes, or on the north central area?

OTA is all we got here. I think it's mainly local channels but I think a couple of english speaking channels, too. I gotta ask my wife for details since she's the one who has a 15" tv set on her desk, the only one we got. :) I gave up watching TV ages ago, it takes too much time. :D

Hey Gary, what do you do for news? Reading a newspaper takes a lot of time also.

I read my news online. I still (sort of) keep up with news from Europe, I read US and international news and of course the local news.
Reading is faster than watching TV news plus I can do it when I have time..

Update: the english channels we get OTA are ABC and NBC. They call it ABC Puerto Rico and NBC Puerto Rico. The regional news is from New York.
Next to that one or two channels from Spain and around 20 local channels.

Is FOX on any OTA channels?

Not here with our antenna. As far as SWMBO knows Fox is not available OTA at all.