Any comments on Choice as a cable internet provider in Isabela, PR?

I joined this blog a while ago stating that my husband and I were planning a permanent move to our house in Isabela, PR in November.  Here we are!!

I was thinking that Choice cable internet would be the way to go, but I met a lovely woman in the grocery store today who said she switched (I believe a while ago) from Choice to a dsl connection.

Does anybody have any experience with Choice?  Or advice?  I really plan to use the internet a lot living here, and of course I am spoiled by my cable service in Chicago.

Thanks.

I'm planning on reading everything on this wonderful blog as soon as I can!  We just arrived yesterday!

Margaret

Choice works great for me in Rincon. set up was painless. cost about 40 per month.  no problems

Thanks for the response.  Sounds good!

It's a matter of trial and error, I'm afraid. If Choice works good here it is not necessarily working good somewhere else. The same goes for (Claro) DSL.

I'd talk to the neighbors and ask them which provider they are using.

Where I live the only (affordable) internet provider is Claro DSL and it works OK. I'd love to get a higher speed but they can't offer that over here but for the rest, no problems.

Same here. Everybody recommended Choice to me. Had nothing but trouble with it(they did have to run new lines to the house.) Quit Choice and got Claro. It worked pretty good most of the time. They all have their problems. It's really a crap shoot whichever one you get.