Heading for Da Nang and Hoi An next week

My Khmer wife and I will be visiting Da Nang next week. We are very excited and she particularly is after seeing pictures of Bana Hills and the Han Riverwalk plus the beaches and food choices. She has not been before. I have not been back since 2020 or early 2021. So about 2 or 3 years to visit for me.

Due to some airline restructuring we ended up having two less days just about. I learned a lesson perhaps forgotten about getting connecting flights. When I flew to Hanoi earlier this year for Tet, I booked separate flights which worked well even with VietJet rescheduling almost all the flights I had from and to Saigon.

Anyways, just kinda checking in and we cannot wait to visit and do some tourism stuff. I really want to take her for a stroll along the Han River in the evening. I really have missed that walk.

It's also right at the end of Khmer New Year this year.  Hello Da Nang and also only a day trip to Hoi An this time. Alin says Xin Chao!

Tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow. Vietnam! Just must be patient and wait for our delayed flight from Phnom Penh in the evening. Gonna meet up with OB and his wifey for lunch in Hoi An. Life is grand! I am channeling Winnie the Pooh today.

“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like, ‘What about lunch?'”

—Winnie the Pooh

And that's exactly what I asked OB! So I'm ready. Alin is ready. Only need some hours to pass. Can't wait.