Ba Na Hill and the mountain area around Da Nang

Hello community,
I would have liked to know something about Ba Na Hill and the beautiful nature, forest, the animals, the mountain, maybe someone can help me?
First of all, is it at all possible to hike and explore?
I know that there is on the top of the mountain a great resort and some leisure facilities.
These can be reached by cable car and must purchase a ticket which also entitles them to enter the facilities.
But if you just want to explore the mountain and the countryside and want to go for a walk,
should this be possible and you can use the road for example?
I have now heard that the peak of the mountain can only be reached by cable car
and not enter the forest. Security do not let you pass and the street is locked with a barrier. 
That would be a surprise to me. So is the entire mountain owned by
the company Sun Group or belongs to the other privately owned or the province?

I am very interested in getting to know the area, apart from the usual "ways"
I would have one or two further questions, if someone out there at all a reply to the first "big" question knows.

Thank you so much!
Herbert

What you know is totally correct. Some years ago, you could go to BaNa hill by car, there is a road to go to the top of the mountain. But after Sun group rented the mountain, the road has been closed. The city allowed that road closure because of safety purpose as they said so. So, Is there any other ways to go there? Maybe some local people who live near by/ around Ba Na hill know it, then you can follow them to do hiking. I just share what I think and confirm the information. I dont know the way.

Chinh.

Sorry to digress slightly, do would you know if it would be safe to leave a scooter or 2 parked at the base of the cable car overnight? Wanting to stay up the top however I'd much rather ride there than bus.  :/

If they have security then the answer is yes.
Also as nobody who stays in ba na hills can't have their vehicles there their only choise is to park them at the base,so they should have security there.

Yes, I always use my own Bike to go there. There is a parking fee but not much.

Chinh_Phan wrote:

Yes, I always use my own Bike to go there. There is a parking fee but not much.

Thanks for that Chinh, appreciated 
One last thing please, are you aware if the parking would be available if I/we chose to stay overnight up the top?

You are Welcome Kiwi,
And Yes, overnight parking is available there.

Thanks for the answers.
I have now also received confirming, unpleasant information from some locals.
It is a national park and only sun group has a permit for tourist and other activities.
Other people are not allowed to do anything in the forest (hiking, camping, sports, fishing ........)
Difficult to understand.

By the way, learning from the USA means, for example: money rules the world
and climate change has not existed anymore, since a few days.
For the pitiful rest of nature we pay then entrance at a cashier,
from where our money is again flushed upwards. ;)
But that's another topic.
Take care.