Any hotel swimming pools open to public?

Are there any swimming pools - preferably Olympic sized at hotels that will allow public access for a fee?

I was curious about this too as my wife wants to retire in Da Nang.  I enjoy a swim in the ocean but I do find that a pool is better for exercise as you can discipline yourself to swim a given distance or time.  I have never seen a 50m hotel pool but I guess they must exist somewhere. 

I also suspected that with its beautiful and accessible beaches, the Da Nang government might not have felt much pressure to build a pool but I did find one on Google maps.  It's right next to the stadium.  Copy and paste this in the search bar: Hồ bơi Quân khu 5, Duy Tân, Hòa Thuận Đông, Đà Nẵng, Vietnam.   I don't know how current the aerial photos are but it is still under construction in Google.   If it is open for business it may be rather new. 

The public pool that I used to go to in HCMC was inexpensive, even more so if you bought a multi-punch card.  Another plus for me was that the pool was a nice place to meet local people (besides those who want to sell you something.)  I became very friendly with a doctor that I met at the pool and met several businessmen who swam early in the morning.

Thanks for the pointer and went by the other day but not sure if it's a public pool as front desk doesnt speak English.  Also, it is righ next to a very busy street so you'll be breathing in a lot of car fumes while swimming.

If they have a booth with posted prices its likely a government pool especially given its proximity to the stadium.  If its part of a private sports center they still will have a fee schedule and be open to the public.   A little sign language and pointing to your wallet should help.  Maybe one of the Vietnamese who read this forum might volunteer to help you.

With respect to car fumes, you apparently have never lived in HCMC.   The worst place in Da Nang is far better than the best place in HCM  :)

Good suggestion on sign language :-) I didnt bother with that simply due to proximity to the busy street but may try it out some other time.

When I lived in HNL, used the Nuuanu pool which was also near a busy street.  The stress involved in dealing with traffic and getting there diminished the whole experience.

So I need to find a pool in an area that is relatively calm/tranquil. That way I can get some good exercise while having a therapeutic and relaxing experience :-)

Have you tried these two resort locations?  You can paste the coordinates in Google Maps.

Vinapearl Luxury  (16.007108, 108.266850)  Not a lap pool but it is 50 meters.

Resort Olalani (16.007108, 108.266850)  There is something there that is blue and 50 meters but it may just be a blue roof.  The pool in the photos looks like a typical lounge about hotel pool.  As you have lived in Hawaii you may find this place amusing with it's fake Hawaiian theme.

I just checked the Cicilia Hotel and it has a nice indoor outdoor pool. About18 meters. And a small gym. 1 million per month.
Cicilia Hotel is near the beach and holiday beach hotel.

The pool is calm and have a little person I suggest is Hoang Anh Gia Lai lake view in Ham Nghi street. I swam two, and i think it is good for you. It's long 50m. I pay about 20.000 to 25.000 Vietnamdong for once. The pool in third floor and there are many foreigner live here.

Havent tried but thanks for the coordinates.

Checked it out and It's a pretty small pool not really suitable for lap swim.

50m pool -- is it this one:

http://en.thienkimreal.com/du-an-xem/18 … -nang.html

Looks more like 25m though long enough to swim laps.

If i know another pool 50m in public ,I will tell you. (I don't know swim, hic)

Holiday beach 200k vnd With a drink, Fusion suites 200k vnd.