Question about marriage in Cambodia

Good evening all,

I would like to know if some of the members of this forum have an experience of marriage in Cambodia. I plan to marry next year with my cambodian partner, the first step at the ambassy is done and now,we need to go to the ministry of foreign affairs. I sa on the documents that the french ambassy gave me that some request can be refused if the foreign national doesn´t earn more than 2500$ per month. Is it real or not? Thanks for your response and advises.

@euqinorev78 USD mate

@euqinorev78

There are several posts about this subject.

The minimum income was attached to the directive {not law} that you had to be under 50 years of age.

That has been abandoned a few years ago so not applicable anymore.

By the way, never rely on info from embassies, they are horribly outdated on their websites and have no up to date info.

Wait till the Ministry tells you what to do and what not, that reliable info.

Good luck.

Joe

@euqinorev78  Hello, I was married in Jan 2023. I am Australian and Mrs is Khmer.

The issue with the $2500 is for the male foreigner, not female foreigner. I was fortunate enough to provide all docs, Payslip, police check (Aus) and single status  certifcate from Australia.

I do believe that the $2500 has been removed as a criteria. Please double check

I used an agent which cost me $1200 and guaranteed results and no further issues. He was really good.

I know of other people who have used agents and they have been scammed quoted low $1500 and then will ask for more another $500 to 1k.

Becareful of whom you use.

You can submit the forms yourselves but that is guaranteed hassle.

Good Luck in your endeavours.