getting married with cambodian girl

hello to everybody..
my girlfriend and me decided to get married and we are considering the easier way to do all the documents.. the new law for marriage in cambodia says that many documents have to be prepared if a foreigner wants to get married with a cambodian girl but from what i could read in internet it seems to be valid only if the wedding is in cambodia..
for getting married abroad it is enough that the girl get the certificate of single state..
am i correct?
can somebody tell me which office provide the certificate of single state in cambodia?
thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to Adry :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you soon!


I would like to know the answer myself as I am in a similar situation.I have heard it is better to get married in Thailand this means my girl friend can travel with me for work.

I suggest you read MadMaxs' thread as he has recently married his Cambodian wife outside of Cambodia in Hong Kong, apparently easier than Thailand...

What you need in Thailand is her "Affirmation of Freedom to Marry" document, which she can get at her local government office where she was born, or in Phnom Penh. The Cambodian Embassy in Bangkok will NOT issue it. Once you have that document, you can go to Bangkok, get all the necessary documents, get them translated into Thai. It's all written up pretty well on the internet. Less trouble and expense than Cambodia, and less of a hassle. Once you have all the papers filed, you can have a ceremony any where in Thailand you like.
Chroeb and I had to go to Hong Kong, as I am 67, and Cambodian law prohibits me from marrying a Khmer!

What do you mean with "Once you have that document, you can go to Bangkok, get the necessary documents." Where can you get the documents? Cambodian embassy in Bangkok? What is the internet address where we can find this information. Many thanks.

Hey MM, now your well famous for "getting married"
you can do consultations, and earn a lot of money:P:P

I am Cambodian and I would like to get married to my American boyfriend during Christmas, but he not have enough time to apply for married Licence in Cambodia.
We thinking about getting married in Thailand or Hong Kong. Which country is the easiest way to get married? Will my marriage certificate in Hong Kong or Thailand legally in Cambodia?
*** I have divorced degree already translate in English what else I need to get married in Thailand or Hong Kong?

I suggest getting in contact with the Thailand and Hong Kong embassies.  They will have that information.

Hi MadMax888.
                              You mentioned in your post regarding marriage in Cambodia, that the law did not allow you at 67 to marry Khmer lady, do you know what age this law starts from.

Kind regards


50 years of age is the limit for foreigners to officially marry a Khmer woman.

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Cambodia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Cambodia

Moving to Cambodia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Cambodia

Travel insurance in Cambodia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Cambodia

Flights to Cambodia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Cambodia