Cambodian Police Clearance Certificate- HELP!!

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for help if anyone knows how to get the Police Clearance Certificate without currently living in Cambodia. I lived and work in Battambang for 1 year in 2017 but now I'm back in Italy and I'm preparing all documents to go to Canada with "working-holiday" Visa.

(I have 19 days left to get all the requested documents, so it is a bit pressing)

I'm trying to contact the Cambodian offices but no answer, I emailed the Italian embassy in Bangkok and I'm waiting for a response.

Please, if anyone can help me .... Thank you !

I am literally having the EXACT same problem now :( I lived in Battambang for total 9.5 months and the  process to get a police certificate seems like a nightmare!

I did find these instructions (below) from the British Embassy which do outline how you get one:
however I have no idea how someone can do this without actually being in Cambodia! Good luck and if you find anything else out let me know please!

The British Embassy does not issue the police clearance certificate to British and other nationalities; however, a foreigner in Cambodia can obtain a police clearance report for period when they were resident in Cambodia from the Ministry of Justice.
There are 3 steps to process:
From YOU:
 Get your accommodation rental agreement/s translated into Khmer
 2 Passport photograph (Size 40mmx60mm)
 Copies of your passport and visa pages for the duration of your residency.

At the Commune:
 Take the rental agreement/s together with the passport photograph, and copies of your passport & visa to the commune responsible for the area where you live.
 Complete the form issued by the commune (only issued and must be completed in Khmer language) to obtain a Residence Certificate.
If you have lived in more than one commune, you will need to get the Residence Certificate from each commune.

At the Ministry of Justice
Take the Residence Certificate with the completed CV document (copy can be obtained from the Ministry of Justice) to the Ministry of Justice.
It will take up to 20+ working days to obtain a Police Clearance Report
The Ministry of Justice is located at:
N0. 240, Sothearuos Boulevards
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Telephone / Fax: +855 (0)23 364 119

hi alice,

thanks a lot for those clear structured informations *thumbsup*

unfortunately I can't help with a concrete information.
but maybe with an idea: are there any agents for visa and permit issues?

you know? you pay them, they finish the process, in shortest time.

rick

Hello guys.

A pity you don't google enough. Here is an extract of a Wikiprocedure page [link will follow] that states:

Applicants can authorize someone to apply for the Police Certificate for him/her. The applicant should complete an authorization form (the sample of the form is available at Criminal Office at Ministry of Justice), who can submit the completed forms at the Criminal Office. However, if the applicant is in Cambodia, they will be required to submit the form for themselves.

Required Information

Name of resident
    House address
    How long/length of stay that the resident stayed/ has stayed at that address

Here is the link to that site and on the site is also a link to the MoJ.

https://www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php … rtificate_(Certificate_of_Behaviour)

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

Add to this that I advise to contact Lucky Lucky Motorcycles as they are the most reliable agent in PP and most knowledgeable too.

Good luck.

Joe

Did you resolve your situation? How? I am in the same boat.

Thanks Joe,

I found this useful, but in my situation, I cannot provide the completed forms, I don't have a residency certificate, as I was never registered with a commune / sangkat.

Have you found any information on how to proceed in this case?

Thanks
Nick.

Hi! I need an advice what to do to obtain a POLICE CLEARANCE. I work before in Cambodia my last contract was March 2017, how can i authorize a person in Cambodia? Is it possible to get it without my presence? I dont have a residential certificate and bio data with a stamp. I only have a emplyment certificate from my previous work.

What is the best thing to do? Please help me.

Thank you

Hello Pinay20.

Above you will find my post with link to the Ministry of Justice.

There it starts, as there you can get the application form with all questions.
After or before that you need to find a Cambodian person who can act in your name, as the application form has to be filled out in Khmer language.

Go to the website in the link and read for yourself.

Good luck.

Joe

Ok thank you 🙏🏻

Police Clearance Certificate is commonly known as Criminal Record in Cambodia. To apply for a police clearance certificate, a foreign national will need to provide the following documents:

1. a scanned copy of passport; and

2. a residency certificate issued by Cambodian commune office.

Moderated by Bhavna last month
Reason : Advertising. Please register your services in the Cambodia business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@huskyandpartners

What is the reason someone would need this certificate?

@EODEricMD

Hi, they will need a Cambodian police clearance certificate for their immigration law matter especially when they are immigrating to USA or other western countries. Thanks.