Post-Covid-19 situation in Indonesia

Hello everyone,

The COVID-19 pandemic had a huge impact on the world, including on expats' lives. Travel restrictions, business closures, budget cuts, and health measures have created unprecedented challenges for those who have chosen to live in Indonesia.

Now that the pandemic is moderated, expats are adjusting to a new daily routine. So tell us, how is your expat life now:

Are there still any health measures in place in Indonesia? If so, what are they (wearing a mask, barrier measures, etc.)?

Have you noticed any changes in the population's habits or behavior after the pandemic?

What is your new work rhythm: do you still work remotely or are you spending more time in the office?

Have you changed your spending habits? If so, which ones?

Despite this pandemic and its consequences, how do you see your future in Indonesia?

Do you have any advice for other expats and future expats on this new daily life in Indonesia?

Thank you for your contribution.
Mickael
Expat.com team

Masks and other restrictions have pretty much gone ...almost

Schools are still forcing them. A lot of people are still wearing masks even though the government have released us from them outdoors, and only recommend them indoors.

Shopping centres, or at least the ones I've been in of late, don't bother with any entry checks or masks.

Hello can I return to Indonesia in Bali with two doses of Pfizer vaccination thank you in advance for your answer cordially

@Mickael Hi,

If Indonesia continue to insist on a Jab from expats. I will never visit such a country as this is simply wrong.

@tena7871 Hello my friend,

the landscape is beautifull in Indonesia but you will have to argue permanently with locals about Pandemic and unconsistant PPKM.

Masks have no issue on this type of ana-anaerobie virus. Hydroalcoholoic gel supply the virus effort as it is stored in a public and contact place.

More over washing hands with water (devlop virus aerobie) and dried them with air compressor improves the virus also by contact and environment spreading.....

Dont forget, we have 1.7 millions bacteria on each Cm² of our skin.

People who believes with no material evidence are deefined as IDIOT.

Dont waste your time and energy. It is already scientifically proven that Covid 19 was a fake. (Lancet science report - dedicated to world sientist and Medecine University, Mr. Phd, Frederic TADDEI and many other elite scientist already explain and demonstrate this all bullshit). The European Court of Law already incriminate mainstream media (CBS, FoxNews, the Chinese Government and the Pfizer laboratories, The Wuhan lab....)

Invest your energy with relevant people in Butuan, in New Zealand, In Denmark were behaving is more important than believing mainstream hoaxes.....

Enjoy!! Never stop travelling !

Enjoy your trip.

Hi im living in Indonésia and you are right ,most people still believe about COVID and they dont know what is appening another country

Okay, I have a query . . . my wife (had 2 doses of Sinovax Covid) so she could function  . . . buy groceries, attend church etc. but now it's time for her to join me overseas with the children. Is Indonesia still requiring passengers (leaving on international flights) that will connect say in Tokyo to fly to US or Canada to have a vaccine up to date? Or, does this only apply now on domestic flights within Indonesia. And children under 18 (oldest is 6).  I understand that US will drop final requirements as of May 11, 2023 and Canada already did. 

I understand Japan is no longer requiring any proof for connecting flights?

Thanks